By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Hi,
so in my game last night I was playing a capture deck and managed to snag a copy of one of my opponent's unique personnel. Then I happened to draw that same personnel later. Can I play my copy of the personnel? Or, because the captured copy is on my side, does the uniqueness rule apply? Or, idk, can I persona swap them?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
VioletBlaze wrote:Hi,
so in my game last night I was playing a capture deck and managed to snag a copy of one of my opponent's unique personnel. Then I happened to draw that same personnel later. Can I play my copy of the personnel? Or, because the captured copy is on my side, does the uniqueness rule apply? Or, idk, can I persona swap them?
You can play your copy, your opponent cannot play another copy on their side.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:
:thumbsup:

The rule is per-owner. So you can have Bob, your opponent can have Bob... but you just happen to control both copies. ;)

You can't persona swap them though, since you don't own the copy that you've liberated. :)

By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Armus wrote:

The rule is per-owner. So you can have Bob, your opponent can have Bob... but you just happen to control both copies. ;)

You can't persona swap them though, since you don't own the copy that you've liberated. :)
Thanks! Another case of my not being able to find the relevant rule in the glossary...

By SAM2000
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:
Armus wrote:

What if you brainwash a personnel as they then report on your side of the table?

By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
SAM2000 wrote: What if you brainwash a personnel as they then report on your side of the table?
Same rules still apply. The personnel is in play for its owner, thus the restrictions for playing additional copies would still be applied to its owner.
Is Sedis a captain?

He's already a [Univ] fucking skill hoss (tm)... […]

I don't! Game ain't fun, IMO! But, you're rig[…]

Alpha Argratha

If I have Alpha 5 Approach plus Argratha as […]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]