By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:Don't forget that one of your actions is "attempted the mission" :)
I didn't. Like I said I was assuming were were looking only at actions which have had fully resolved. The mission attempt would not fully be resolved until the attempt ends, which wouldn't happen until Temporal Causality Loop finished resolving.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
9of24 wrote:
AllenGould wrote:Don't forget that one of your actions is "attempted the mission" :)
I didn't. Like I said I was assuming were were looking only at actions which have had fully resolved. The mission attempt would not fully be resolved until the attempt ends, which wouldn't happen until Temporal Causality Loop finished resolving.
Sorry, missed that bit. :?

By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
For the curious if we assume that actions which haven't fully resolved yet can be undone by the Loop, here are the scenarios. This would also imply that your last action is the last action initiated because you're not checking to see if the action resolved.

If sub-actions are yours:

Undo Temporal Causality Loop encounter first, this presents a new question. Does undoing the Loop end the effect or do you get to undo a second action? Obviously ending the effect is trivial. The second action to be undone would be the extra personnel stop from Pinned Down.

If sub-actions aren't yours:

Undo the mission attempt, this has the same issue above as Loop is also undone. But the second action undone would be the ship movement.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I know I raged against the Q errata. A Lot. But in this case I'm legit wondering if it wouldn't be better to just meat axe the undo part and making the consequence of failure a simple immediate end of turn.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Armus wrote:I know I raged against the Q errata. A Lot. But in this case I'm legit wondering if it wouldn't be better to just meat axe the undo part and making the consequence of failure a simple immediate end of turn.
As in skip to the end, no drawing? That's what I was thinking about in my last post, but wondered if we have something like that elsewhere to crib language from.

By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote:As in skip to the end, no drawing? That's what I was thinking about in my last post, but wondered if we have something like that elsewhere to crib language from.
End Transmission

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Undo all actions taken since and including the start of, the mission attempt.

- my version 1.0 suggestion to fix the card.

By sexecutioner (Niall Matthew)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E World Runner-Up 2023
1E European Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
1E British National Second Runner-Up 2023
Armus wrote:I know I raged against the Q errata. A Lot. But in this case I'm legit wondering if it wouldn't be better to just meat axe the undo part and making the consequence of failure a simple immediate end of turn.

I've been eyeing up this dilemma recently, purely for that end turn part.

A lot of players do actions after a mission attempt. The immediate end of turn is pretty good on its own without the undo actions

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote:Undo all actions taken since and including the start of, the mission attempt.

While this would be less of a rules mess, I question whether or not it would be abusable with Disrupted Continuum... is the "once per game" limitation still there if it gets "undone" by TCL?

By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote:
Hoss-Drone wrote:Undo all actions taken since and including the start of, the mission attempt.

While this would be less of a rules mess, I question whether or not it would be abusable with Disrupted Continuum... is the "once per game" limitation still there if it gets "undone" by TCL?
I strongly feel that if an action is reversed it would follow the same rules as trying to do something which is an invalid action, meaning everything including once per game costs would be restored.

I'd rather get rid of this completely though by errata that makes the card not reverse previous actions. I think the folks who are frustrated already by the complexity of the rules might mutiny if more cards are created that do what Temporal Causality Loop does, so there's no reason to keep it around when it's unclear how it even works and no one uses it.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote:

Well, you'd undo everything Disrupted did (so, you'd put the new dilemma back where it came from, put the nullified one back under...)

I'm leaning to a simpler definition - put all cards discarded from under the mission back to be encountered again, end the turn. Costs are still paid, nothing is "undone".
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
AllenGould wrote:I'm leaning to a simpler definition - put all cards discarded from under the mission back to be encountered again, end the turn. Costs are still paid, nothing is "undone".
I kind of like that. "Any cards revealed during this attempt are reseeded as they were at the beginning of the attempt. Immediately end your turn."

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote:
AllenGould wrote:I'm leaning to a simpler definition - put all cards discarded from under the mission back to be encountered again, end the turn. Costs are still paid, nothing is "undone".
I kind of like that. "Any cards revealed during this attempt are reseeded as they were at the beginning of the attempt. Immediately end your turn."
So if I seed a dilemma (doesn't matter which one? Say Quantum Leap), and if I'm paying attention and I know that my opponent will pass it, and I use Disrupted Continuum to swap in, say More of Your Kind, filter out some people, and then they fail a seeded TCL, what happens under this scenario?
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Armus wrote:
JeBuS wrote:
So if I seed a dilemma (doesn't matter which one? Say Quantum Leap), and if I'm paying attention and I know that my opponent will pass it, and I use Disrupted Continuum to swap in, say More of Your Kind, filter out some people, and then they fail a seeded TCL, what happens under this scenario?
Sounds like fun. Under what I wrote, I think your Disrupted would be used up, then at the end More of Your Kind would be removed and Quantum Leap put back.
Crossover question

I was literally just typing up this question all[…]

Danny gets the FW against Tjark - 100 - 35 Good t[…]

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0