By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
if i´ve already beamed say ferengi to opponents ship may i then beam say a cardassian on it? as 2 seperate teams stressing the opponent?

additional question: can i use near-warp transport while on opponents ship?

may i intitate battle with my non-aligneds aboard despite also having fed aboard opponents ship?

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
Hope that helps you:
house arrest

Your personnel may mix only if they are compatible. If you have personnel of different affiliations together aboard your ship or facility, and the treaty or other card that is making them compatible is nullified, the personnel who are incompatible with the ship or facility are placed under house arrest. If all are compatible with the ship or facility, or at the same site on a Nor, or aboard your opponent's ship or facility, the minority group is placed under house arrest. (Incompatible personnel on a planet surface split into two Away Teams instead.) They remain under house arrest until they are transferred to a planet or to your compatible ship or facility, or they walk to another site.

Personnel under house arrest may not staff a ship, attempt missions, participate in battle, etc. (See present.) You place under house arrest only cards you control - never your opponent's intruders, captives, etc. House arrest may also occur when you acquire an incompatible personnel aboard a ship (e.g., from a Cryosatellite or The Naked Truth). However, you may not voluntarily place your personnel in a house arrest situation. For example, without a treaty, you may not report a Klingon to a Romulan Outpost or Romulan headquarters (or to a Neutral Outpost where you have Romulans present), beam your Klingons aboard your Romulan ship, allow your Klingons and Romulans to stop at the same site, report Dr. Telek R'Mor aboard your Klingon ship, or switch Major Rakal's affiliation to Federation while she is aboard a Romulan ship. See treaties.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Enabran wrote:Hope that helps you:
house arrest

Your personnel may mix only if they are compatible. If you have personnel of different affiliations together aboard your ship or facility, and the treaty or other card that is making them compatible is nullified, the personnel who are incompatible with the ship or facility are placed under house arrest.
may not mix... well they may form 2 away teams on planet...

what about on opponents ship or opponents headquarters?

not totaly clear to me...

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I thought you only had crews on your ships and your facilities. Everywhere else you have away teams and thus the house arrest rules shouldn't apply.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Seems a bit silly, though, doesn't it?

Legally correct but, like... why CAN'T I beam some Kazons to Voyager Deck 1 and some Klingons to Deck 10 as split teams? They don't have to be working together to give the Voyager crew a bad, bad day.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote:Seems a bit silly, though, doesn't it?

Legally correct but, like... why CAN'T I beam some Kazons to Voyager Deck 1 and some Klingons to Deck 10 as split teams? They don't have to be working together to give the Voyager crew a bad, bad day.
thats the point. also what happens if a combined force beams over and then a treaty is destroyed? the minority are placed under hous arest? so i need to beam away the majority to be able to use the minority again? what if theiy are equal, can i choose :?

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
can i prevent my opponent from boarding my ship if i take one of his incompatible personal captive and protect myselve by bringing that dude on my ship/facility i like no other guests in? :shifty: captives are still their personal ain´t they?

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
LuthySloan wrote:can i prevent my opponent from boarding my ship if i take one of his incompatible personal captive and protect myselve by bringing that dude on my ship/facility i like no other guests in? :shifty: captives are still their personal ain´t they?
You would have to release the captive somehow, like with Arik Soong (which I think is the only way you can do this).

By rule a captive is disabled and "Disabled personnel may not be used in any way (including game text, attributes, icons, lore, skills, traits such as gender, species, or matching commander status, etc.),". Their affiliation icon is an "icon" and therefor "cannot be used". But if you release the captive now they are not disabled and are just an intruder on your ship. And, as I understand the rules quote above, that means your opponent's incompatible personnel cannot board your ship while the incompatible intruder is aboard.

As BCSWowbagger pointed out.... this is silly.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Well, he IS the Rules guru, and this IS a Rules issue...

I see a path forward... :shifty:
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote:Seems a bit silly, though, doesn't it?

I think because as a whole, the game ain't real fond of you playing two incompatible affiliations. So, a lot of things don't work because we don't want you playing nine different affiliations and using loopholes. (Even "house arrest" is literally just the game's last ditch effort to handle things that aren't supposed to happen.)
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
Fair point.

Although then why allow incompatible away teams to split on planets? That, too, creates all manner of weirdness, and a lot more often than in intruder situations.

*shrug*
NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]

I didn't want to knock anyone's choice while votin[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Stefan Manz !

Good mornin' lad (ie) s, just got me thinking: […]