Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 12:02 pm I feel design overlooked there are missions with 6 span when creating those, rendering them useless if such mission is in play.
any chance to get them errataed?

Osaarian PiratesAssimilated Vessel
Deign knew. Seed smarter and avoid those 6 span missions if you want those points
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:49 pm What if my opp runs 6s missions?
Seed it so it goes the other way. Be delibrite as you make the spaceline to make it so they dont have to pass them. If they have enough to shut you down, and outseed you, then they deserve that advantage.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:01 pm Vessel has to pass the whole spaceline, so the start doesnt matter. If this was intentional then meh, I dont agree. Why design dead cards.
Except it doesnt have to cross every mission, just go to the far end, make the 6 range as far as you can towards one end so your seed doesnt have to go by. the game starts in the seed phase. Play it there

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 5:01 pm Vessel has to pass the whole spaceline, so the start doesnt matter. If this was intentional then meh, I dont agree. Why design dead cards.
I think you're confusing these with the errataed Borg Ship dilemma. Borg Ship specifically goes to one end of the spaceline and has to truck all the way across before going off the other end. However, every other [Self] dilemma starts at the current mission, looks for the long end of the spaceline, then starts heading that way. So pfti is correct that if you're running these cards, there's a way to seed them so that your opponent's 6-span mission doesn't come into play.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:27 pm I was thinking Obsession. I guess you just shoot it then

Either way, way too many risks/hoops to run vessel as dilemma if you want the points imo. if you want it to move slowly, make it move 1 mission per turn.
Hell, with Obsession a 6-span mission is a barrel and the dilemmas are the fish. Fire away!

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:27 pm I was thinking Obsession. I guess you just shoot it then

Either way, way too many risks/hoops to run vessel as dilemma if you want the points imo. if you want it to move slowly, make it move 1 mission per turn.
if anything, if you are playing Obsession, the 6 span missions only help you because the dilemma will get hung up at the 6 span mission and you can waltz over and pound it whenever you please instead of needing to hurry up and get to it before it moves off the spaceline.
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
There is also a nice vein of design space available in making cards that interact with [Self] dilemmas. We could make a version of Transwarp Conduit that plays on a [Self] card, or a card that lets you reposition a [Self]. Or a card that can reverse direction. Maybe we could even make a card like Captain's Log and/or Defiant Dedication Plaque that plays on a Self-controlling card. And that's just ideas off of the top of my head.

Sometimes we leave ourselves room to do things in the future when designing a card now. That doesn't mean we're bad at our jobs or making dead cards.

-crp

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i didnt imply you are bad at your job. but as is i cant use the card :(
Vessel was made in 2013 btw. how many span 6 missions the game had back then?
yeah a seedable upgrade that adds range of [Self] by 2 or something like that would be interesting

forum is lacking selfcontrol icon now?

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer

Assimilated Vessel is awesome against those folks who seed a small quadrant spaceline, that's why some of my recent [BO] decks have used it. Keep in mind, the 10 points is only scoreable by the opponent when it leaves the spaceline. The party that encounters it can shoot it, but they don't get points for it, unlike the Borg Ship which only scores points if destroyed. Obviously this is not considering Obsession .

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
sadly i dont have the room to run a "maybe if the stars are right i might gain 10 points". especially in a deck that more or less relies on those.

i get that 10 points are kind of a lot and shouldnt be too easy to get, but avoiding 6 span missions and hinder the opponent to blow it up is a little too much to ask for imo.

that said, borg should get a card to blow up such selfcontrolling cards. or assimilate or reprogram them.

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]