By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:37 am that said, borg should get a card to blow up such selfcontrolling cards. or assimilate or reprogram them.
I didn't realize that the Borg couldn't shoot these things until I went and looked it up in the glossary.

I completely agree that there needs to be a way to do this, whether a rules change or a card.... Something...

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Armus wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:47 am
Ensign Q wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:37 am that said, borg should get a card to blow up such selfcontrolling cards. or assimilate or reprogram them.
I didn't realize that the Borg couldn't shoot these things until I went and looked it up in the glossary.

I completely agree that there needs to be a way to do this, whether a rules change or a card.... Something...
I feel like a new add distinctiveness would be cool and not game breaking since it would not be [Obj] points.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 3:08 pm
Armus wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:47 am

I feel like a new add distinctiveness would be cool and not game breaking since it would not be [Obj] points.
why not give borg its own Obsession with the added benefit it allows firing /assimilating those? I doubt it would break anything. Solverborg isnt close to OP and im not even sure its viable after all. Maybe TNG Borg, unless opp runs Stasiscombo

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:48 am why not give borg its own Obsession with the added benefit it allows firing /assimilating those? I doubt it would break anything. Solverborg isnt close to OP and im not even sure its viable after all. Maybe TNG Borg, unless opp runs Stasiscombo
The only bad part about this is making Borg even MORE solitaire mode with this. Now they just fly around and score points by blowing up dilemmas that are basically trival to them? I mean most of the other affiliations have to at least have 2-3 ships present to win against self icon dilemmas and might lose a ship or at minimum be damaged. Borg basically say 24 weapons/shields everyone else is trivial. Which yes, I get it, they're Borg and bad ass, but that's really unfair when they already ignore 1/3 of the dilemmas out there.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
it all boils down to speed what"unfair" is i think. I doubt borg can hunt down the missing points from S and P missions much quicker than solving more missions. Afterall the range of cubes is kinda limited.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 1:17 pm it all boils down to speed what"unfair" is i think. I doubt borg can hunt down the missing points from S and P missions much quicker than solving more missions. Afterall the range of cubes is kinda limited.
No lack of drones who can crank up RANGE, though.

Personally, I'm fine with Borg just looking at the puny pirates and going "yeah, not worth my time".
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 2:46 pm yeah, its all fun and games until they steal your borg vinculum or eat your drones Dikironium Cloud Creature
Well, not every affiliation can be [Fed] and be good at absolutely everything. /ducks. ;)

Back from the old days, pre-errata Visit Cochrane[…]

@VictoryIsLife FW @jadziadax8 100-0

2024 1E Michigan Regional

If there's interest I can run & play 2E after.[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Awww, shucks! Glad you’re in a bigger area.[…]