My understanding is that if I'm downloading a personnel to a site on a Nor using a card other than a site's text, that personnel can download to any site regardless of the one that would normally be appropriate and regardless of quadrant restrictions. For example, Assign Support Personnel says "matching facility," so I could download Kallis Ven to the Infirmary on my very Bajoran DS9.

I don't think quadrant restrictions apply for "matching" so I think I could also download Morgan Bateson and play him at the Commander's Office on Mirror, Terok Nor (the [Fed] [TE] version). (The glossary refers to "matching affiliation" and doesn't say anything about quadrants.)

Moreover, my understanding is that the limitation that prevents me from "reporting" to a Nor that has no docking sites would not apply. The rules say "you may not report to a site unless the facility containing the site allows docking and undocking (either built-in or with another site)" but nothing is said of downloading.

Not all of us have the benefit of Greater Glory of Cardassia to prevent an opponent commandeering my Nor on the first turn, after all. (Though I admit, my non-Nor-seeding opponent may just have docking pylons.)

Additionally, I'm a bit unclear on the ability of all players to use the game text of the Nor's sites for reporting. I assume that if I have a [MQ] [Fed] station, my opponent can report any [MQ] [Fed] personnel there at sites that state "matching" personnel can report? (Not that a ton of people will have [MQ] [Fed]!) And I also assume that my opponent can play anyone who can legally report at sites like Promenade Shops, Guest Quarters, Cargo Bay, and Quark's?

And that if I have a Primary Turbolift on my [MQ] [Fed] station, and my opponent has a Treaty: Federation/Klingon my opponent could report any [MQ] [Kli] at that site, because it allows reporting of "compatible" rather than "matching" affiliation personnel. (That is, I assume each player uses their own definition of "compatible" for reporting, not that of the player in control of the Nor.)

By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
WeAreBack wrote:My understanding is that if I'm downloading a personnel to a site on a Nor using a card other than a site's text, that personnel can download to any site regardless of the one that would normally be appropriate and regardless of quadrant restrictions. For example, Assign Support Personnel says "matching facility," so I could download Kallis Ven to the Infirmary on my very Bajoran DS9.
This is correct. Though it is important to note that this is specifically because Assign Support Personnel tells you where to download the personnel. As a counterexample, the download of a SECURITY personnel from Defend Homeworld does not specify a location so if reported to a Nor, it must report to an appropriate site.
WeAreBack wrote:I don't think quadrant restrictions apply for "matching" so I think I could also download Morgan Bateson and play him at the Commander's Office on Mirror, Terok Nor (the [Fed] [TE] version). (The glossary refers to "matching affiliation" and doesn't say anything about quadrants.)
If you're using the site's text to allow the report, then the personnel reporting and the facility must be native to the quadrant the facility is in. So no, you can't download (or even play from hand) Morgan Bateson to Ops: Mirror Universe on Mirror Terok Nor using. Note: Commander's Office does not allow any personnel to report to the station.
WeAreBack wrote:Moreover, my understanding is that the limitation that prevents me from "reporting" to a Nor that has no docking sites would not apply. The rules say "you may not report to a site unless the facility containing the site allows docking and undocking (either built-in or with another site)" but nothing is said of downloading.
When you download a personnel, ship or equipment you are reporting that personnel, ship or equipment; you are just able to do so from more places than your hand. Thus, a docking site is required to download a personnel, ship, or equipment to a Nor.
WeAreBack wrote:Additionally, I'm a bit unclear on the ability of all players to use the game text of the Nor's sites for reporting. I assume that if I have a [MQ] [Fed] station, my opponent can report any [MQ] [Fed] personnel there at sites that state "matching" personnel can report? (Not that a ton of people will have [MQ] [Fed]!) And I also assume that my opponent can play anyone who can legally report at sites like Promenade Shops, Guest Quarters, Cargo Bay, and Quark's?
Correct, your opponent may report and use the text of sites on your Nor in the same way you can.
WeAreBack wrote:And that if I have a Primary Turbolift on my [MQ] [Fed] station, and my opponent has a Treaty: Federation/Klingon my opponent could report any [MQ] [Kli] at that site, because it allows reporting of "compatible" rather than "matching" affiliation personnel. (That is, I assume each player uses their own definition of "compatible" for reporting, not that of the player in control of the Nor.)
This one I am less sure of, but I think the answer is no, your opponent would not be able [Kli] personnel to report your [Fed] Nor if the compatibility is gained through a treaty. Treaties only grant compatibility between your cards.
Thanks for confirming my thinking here. So I just want to clarify, in my example I would be downloading Morgan Bateson using Assign Support Personnel, to a [MQ] [Fed] station without the benefit of Crossover: An Invitation. I know downloading works for reporting [1E-DQ] personnel in the Alpha quadrant. I just wanted to be sure that the "matching facility" language on Assign Support Personnel doesn't carry some additional meaning about the quadrants having to match.
9of24 wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 12:34 am
WeAreBack wrote:I don't think quadrant restrictions apply for "matching" so I think I could also download Morgan Bateson and play him at the Commander's Office on Mirror, Terok Nor (the [Fed] [TE] version). (The glossary refers to "matching affiliation" and doesn't say anything about quadrants.)
If you're using the site's text to allow the report, then the personnel reporting and the facility must be native to the quadrant the facility is in. So no, you can't download (or even play from hand) Morgan Bateson to Ops: Mirror Universe on Mirror Terok Nor using. Note: Commander's Office does not allow any personnel to report to the station.

By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
WeAreBack wrote:Thanks for confirming my thinking here. So I just want to clarify, in my example I would be downloading Morgan Bateson using Assign Support Personnel, to a station without the benefit of Crossover: An Invitation. I know downloading works for reporting personnel in the Alpha quadrant. I just wanted to be sure that the "matching facility" language on Assign Support Personnel doesn't carry some additional meaning about the quadrants having to match.
This is correct. Personnel, ships and facilities are matching each other if they are the same affiliation, their quadrant icons has to relevance in this regard. However, the quadrant icons are relevant when checking for matching homeworld though, so Morgan Bateson's matching homeworld is only Espionage Mission not Monitor Poplulation.

I guess we should have done "What can we do[…]

Jared FW Kris 100-35

South Dakota Regional May 18th

Likely I should be able to attend. Just need the[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]