By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote:Pop 9 gets a bit of help from the Borg Outpost itself, which says it can play at an assimilated homeworld. Which gets you out of the "require affiliation icon" rule, and if you squint maybe it gets you out of the homeworld requirement as well. (And then the Glossary specifically answers that it does indeed duck the homeworld restriction). Doesn't say anything about the ENGINEER requirement, so I'd presume that still applies.
Oh, you're right. It has been so long since I used the original outpost that I forgot you could build it at an assimilated planet. That means, my read of Pop 9 Bil was incorrect. It need not override any of the rules, since there is an outpost that can be downloaded to the mission, thus you couldn't get a Transwarp Hub or Unicomplex at Earth that way.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Im pretty sure rules has answered my question about the other Outposts positive once. Meaning it would allow to install a Unicomplex.
/i was wrong, the topic only derailed into nonsense
AllenGould wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 4:49 pm Relevant Glossary text:
When a card
allows you to download a facility to a
location, you must meet all normal
requirements for building (playing) the
facility, unless specifically overridden by
the card text.
The "ignore requirements" loophole is only for personnel, ships, and equipment.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
9of24 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:44 pmOh, you're right. It has been so long since I used the original outpost that I forgot you could build it at an assimilated planet. That means, my read of Pop 9 Bil was incorrect. It need not override any of the rules, since there is an outpost that can be downloaded to the mission, thus you couldn't get a Transwarp Hub or Unicomplex at Earth that way.
This is still a great description of the Golden Rule, though:
9of24 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:27 pmFiguring out what rules are overridden and when can be challenging. My general approach is what are the minimum number of rules that need to be ignored in order for the card to work.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
BCSWowbagger wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:52 pm
9of24 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:44 pmOh, you're right. It has been so long since I used the original outpost that I forgot you could build it at an assimilated planet. That means, my read of Pop 9 Bil was incorrect. It need not override any of the rules, since there is an outpost that can be downloaded to the mission, thus you couldn't get a Transwarp Hub or Unicomplex at Earth that way.
This is still a great description of the Golden Rule, though:
9of24 wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:27 pmFiguring out what rules are overridden and when can be challenging. My general approach is what are the minimum number of rules that need to be ignored in order for the card to work.
Yeah, this might be the case, but you cant forget the silver rule and the copper rule:

"Make sure you are applying the most directly applicable rules first."
"Quote whatever rule you are referencing."

This entire question was very simply answered by looking in the entry for downloading facilities: (and was answered correctly early on and then was muddied b/c noone actually quoted the rule)

"Downloading Facilities: When a card allows you to download a facility to a location, you must meet all normal requirements for building (playing) the facility, unless specifically overridden by the card text. These requirements include a non-homeworld, matching affiliation mission for outposts, no other facility controlled by you at the location, and any play requirements in the facility's game text (such as an appropriate ENGINEER for building an outpost)."
Shipping Manager
By SirDan (Dan Hamman)
 - Shipping Manager
 -  
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
Hoss-Drone wrote:"Downloading Facilities: When a card allows you to download a facility to a location, you must meet all normal requirements for building (playing) the facility, unless specifically overridden by the card text. These requirements include a non-homeworld, matching affiliation mission for outposts, no other facility controlled by you at the location, and any play requirements in the facility's game text (such as an appropriate ENGINEER for building an outpost)."
So.. Establish Trade Route has no card text that overrides restrictions. So in order to use the download after I completed the mission, that mission must have a Ferengi icon and a must have a Ferengi ENGINEER there? Hmm. I am rubbed the wrong way.

By admiral-mogh (Jorn Engstrom)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
Can I play my equipment for free on a Remote Supply Depot downloaded with Consume: Outpost? Can I then beam the equipment to my Borg ship?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
admiral-mogh wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 9:45 am Can I play my equipment for free on a Remote Supply Depot downloaded with Consume: Outpost? Can I then beam the equipment to my Borg ship?
I don't think so because you don't control the Outpost.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Can I download Transwarp Hub with Consume Outpost and use it to move to/from a Transwarp Network Gateway? The way I read the gametext it suggests I can use it to move without controlling it (but I cannot use it any other way).
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
Since the outpost is uncontrolled, I don't think you are the subject of "your"

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
pfti wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:50 am Since the outpost is uncontrolled, I don't think you are the subject of "your"
Yes but the wording on Transwarp Hub is as follows "Seeds or plays at any nebula. Once each turn, your ship may move from here to any Transwarp Network Gateway, or vice versa."

It doesn´t say anything about "your outpost", only "your ship"?

By Kaiser
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
1E World Semi-Finalist 2023
Architect
admiral-mogh wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:49 am
pfti wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:50 am Since the outpost is uncontrolled, I don't think you are the subject of "your"
Yes but the wording on Transwarp Hub is as follows "Seeds or plays at any nebula. Once each turn, your ship may move from here to any Transwarp Network Gateway, or vice versa."

You don't control the card. Why would you get to use its gametext? (Otherwise, why wouldn't I get to trigger the bonus STRENGTH of hand weapons my opponent controls for myself if I'm present with them? Or what would keep me from using the text on a ship I don't control (your Borg Cube, for example!), to report my own equipment/Borg personnel aboard?)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Kaiser wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:09 am
admiral-mogh wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:49 am

You don't control the card. Why would you get to use its gametext? (Otherwise, why wouldn't I get to trigger the bonus STRENGTH of hand weapons my opponent controls for myself if I'm present with them? Or what would keep me from using the text on a ship I don't control (your Borg Cube, for example!), to report my own equipment/Borg personnel aboard?)
Enh... I had the same thought, but the glossary isn't that clear.

It IS clear that you can't use the text or native functionality of facilities your opponent controls, but it says just that - it DOESN'T say you can ONLY use facilities you control and it's largely silent on uncontrolled facilities. To the extent it talks about it, it's in reference to Empok Nor and Empok itself precludes reporting while uncontrolled.

So unless there's another relevant entry I'm missing, my best answer right now is... :shrug:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Kaiser wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 10:36 am So what would keep any player from freely triggering uncontrolled Starship Defiant's special download?
Armus wrote:it DOESN'T say you can ONLY use facilities you control
Except that, quite literally, it does: https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_rulebook/C ... FACILITIES :wink:
Ugh. See, this is why I get frustrated when I look in one place and find one answer and then there's another, different answer in another place.

Also, that's not the glossary... :P

Oh well, my frustrations aside, that's clearly the definitive answer to Jorn's question.

Sorry player, nice try but no. :wink:
Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during […]

HumQ: Pick of the Tribbles

It's Wednesday! We're more than halfway through th[…]

I guess we should have done "What can we […]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to another one of my homies, @seve[…]