1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
2E Ferenginar Regional Champion 2024
So, this came up in a game -

Can Vulcan-affiliated personnel/ships report to the Seat of Starfleet, even though they are not native to the timeline? They are made compatible with the headquarters thanks to the seeded Treaty Vulcan/Starfleet but this does circumvent being able to be played at the time location? If so, does this mean that Non-Aligned personnel from any quadrant are able to be reported to the headquarters as well?

Discuss.

Michael

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
The Ninja Scot wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:57 pm So, this came up in a game -

Can Vulcan-affiliated personnel/ships report to the Seat of Starfleet, even though they are not native to the timeline? They are made compatible with the headquarters thanks to the seeded Treaty Vulcan/Starfleet but this does circumvent being able to be played at the time location? If so, does this mean that Non-Aligned personnel from any quadrant are able to be reported to the headquarters as well?

Discuss.

Michael
They're compatible because the treaty says so. They can report to SoS because compatible personnel and ships can report to facilities.

You can also drop a battle-proof Phoenix there for a quick 10 points for the same reason.

HOWEVER, you may NOT report off-quadrant people there for the same reason you can't report off-quadrant people to any facility, so your extension is a logical leap that's not supported by the rules.

Time locations are quadrant-specific too. See Halkan Council and Museum of Kyrian Heritage
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
I believe this works, specifically because Seat of Starfleet is a Headquarters. If I recall correctly, this weird, unintuitive interaction is why we didn't make a Vulcan HQ for their time location. You could even play a [Vul] for free there if you had Protect the Timeline out.

But it's still a facility, so you have to match quadrant restrictions.

-crp
European OP Coordinator
 - European OP Coordinator
 -  
So in fact the whole gametext about who's native is only relevant for the rare situations in which you don't have a Doorway out to allow you to report [1E-AU] ?
Director of First Edition
By MidnightLich (Charlie Plaine)
 - Director of First Edition
 -  
Prophet
Clerasil ToB wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 10:37 pm So in fact the whole gametext about who's native is only relevant for the rare situations in which you don't have a Doorway out to allow you to report [1E-AU] ?
It's relevant if there wasn't a HQ. You couldn't report a Vulcan to 22nd Century San Francisco, because they aren't native to that location. Having an HQ there gets around it.

It's also relevant if another card makes it relevant.

-crp
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
I agree with Charlie. This is why K-7 was a station, so that it didnt specifcally allow reporting of non-native people
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
This is also why Tellerite Trading Post is a station that functions almost exactly like an outpost instead of an actual outpost.

Everyone hates that this is how Seat of Starfleet works, but it is how it works, alas. Fortunately, Finally Ready limits most abuses of it.
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Fri Nov 20, 2020 2:40 pm Fortunately, Finally Ready limits most abuses of it.
I don't know if that's true - you can't combine the two, sure. But if I'm gonna abuse the HQ, I'll just... not seed Finally Ready and use something else.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E Omarion Nebula Regional Champion 2024
Yeah, back when I first exploited that loophole (2016 I think?) I didn’t seed Finally Ready and used other mechanics (Temporal Shifting I think)
 -  
Community Contributor
Like I said, most. You have to go to at least a little effort to do weird things with this, because most [22] decks run Finally Ready, and Finally Ready doesn't play very well with Altovar reporting to Seat of Starfleet.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Clearly, I've been playing Magic for too long and need to get back into ST, because the first thing that came to mind reading this was "wait, discarding is a downside and not a combo enabler?"

:D
 -  
Community Contributor
boromirofborg wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 7:18 pm Clearly, I've been playing Magic for too long and need to get back into ST, because the first thing that came to mind reading this was "wait, discarding is a downside and not a combo enabler?"

:D
*chuckles in N'Rana*

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]