By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Emergency Evacuation

The first use of this card I understand. I hit Abandon Ship, it lets me place the entire crew under it to avoid whatever nastiness the next dilemma is.

The next two uses I'm a little fuzzy how they work with Abandon Ship. EE says " If your ship or facility is being destroyed or just encountered Abandon Ship..."

So I encounter Abandon Ship, I activate EE, now I download Escape Pod. Who goes in the pod? Everyone? And if so what happens to Abandon Ship? Is it discarded, or reseeded because it never resolved? Same question applies to the third use if I decided to relocate the entire crew to a planet (could happen at a dual mission or Buried Alive effected mission)

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
I would say you cannot download the Escape Pod, because Abandon ship does not destroy your ship. The second 2 options are just for destroyed ships - the first for Abandon Ship.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
Enabran wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:28 am I would say you cannot download the Escape Pod, because Abandon ship does not destroy your ship. The second 2 options are just for destroyed ships - the first for Abandon Ship.
I think this is wrong, since EE specifically says it works against Abandon Ship, to save entire crew. Ship destruction and Abandon Ship are triggers. All 3 methods of relocating the crew are effects, and you can choose any of them, if the cards are available.

I don't have an answer handy for what happens to Abandon Ship.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
JeBuS wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:20 am I don't have an answer handy for what happens to Abandon Ship.
It goes where it normally would - it's just *all* the personnel rather than the usual "not required for staffing". (Presumably you're writing off the ship at this point.)

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tourna[…]

Card of the Day: Dumb Waiter

Does Dumb Waiter still work if you don't com[…]

I just booked my flight for Thursday afternoon a[…]

Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]