By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
When using Construct Starship which engineer do I need to build a Klingon Empire Outpost, Alliance Outpost,Imperial Outpost and Terran Outpost?

Am I matching the affiliation of the card, or the faction printed on the card?

According to the glossary:
Two cards are of matching affiliation if their affiliation icons are the same. For example, if you have a Romulan/Cardassian treaty in play, your Cardassians match your Nor, but your Romulan and Non-Aligned cards do not (they are, however, compatible). If a site refers to a matching personnel, it means matching the affiliation of that facility. See loses affiliation.
Sounds like this an odd situation where a [Fed] can build a Terran Outpost. Oddly, this would then qualify as a [MQ] facility for the purposes of other cards, like Rebellious servants or Raid opposite Quadrant.

And because the facility has been downloaded, it could even be in the [1E-DQ] or [1E-GQ].

Does this make sense?
Last edited by WeAreBack on Thu Aug 18, 2022 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
wow........ well i was recently looknig at a Kolinhr deck with Vulcans and thought about tossing in some mirror stuff to use Rebellious Servants but figured it was too much trouble........

but what you are proposing here sure makes sense to me. i don't see any rules issues with it. Matching means same affiliation so any [Fed] engineer can download a [Fed] [MQ] facility and you can build facilities in any quadrant, you just can't REPORT to them.... but RS gives a location for the download so you don't need the facility to be in its native quadrant to allow the report.

i think this works unless i'm missing something.... curious what others think. let me know so i can throw this in my deck lol

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
The outposts in question stipulate a faction icon on them for a play condition... just wanted to point that out...

And from my reading yes, different is different from where the facility actually is.

Edit: sorry, just realized the construct starship mention in the title... don't know if that changes or add a play condition.

By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote:The outposts in question stipulate a faction icon on them for a play condition... just wanted to point that out...

And from my reading yes, different is different from where the facility actually is.

Edit: sorry, just realized the construct starship mention in the title... don't know if that changes or add a play condition.
This is correct. When you download a card you must still meet all requirements to play the card. So you to download Terran Outpost with Construct Starship, you would need a [Fed] ENGINEER as required by Construct Starship and a [TE] ENGINEER as required by Terran Outpost.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
patrick wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:19 am Construct Starship says "at an appropriate location". Doesn't that also include the quadrant?
No. It does require either the HQ's specified location or the Outpost's matching icon and no other facilities present.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
9of24 wrote: Sun Feb 07, 2021 10:55 am
winterflames wrote:The outposts in question stipulate a faction icon on them for a play condition... just wanted to point that out...

This is correct. When you download a card you must still meet all requirements to play the card. So you to download Terran Outpost with Construct Starship, you would need a [Fed] ENGINEER as required by Construct Starship and a [TE] ENGINEER as required by Terran Outpost.
Ah, you're right............
When a card is downloaded into play, you must obey all normal requirements for playing that card, whether stated in the rules or the card's game text.
So that squashes the idea of doing this in a Kolinahr deck because there are no Vulcan [Fed] [TE] ENGINEERs. Although you could jump through some hoops to get First Officer Spock in play and have him download the Classic Tricorder which would give him ENGINEER........

By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote:So that squashes the idea of doing this in a Kolinahr deck because there are no Vulcan ENGINEERs. Although you could jump through some hoops to get First Officer Spock in play and have him download the Classic Tricorder which would give him ENGINEER........
It would need to be one ENGINEER that is both [Fed] and [TE] . You could have a [Fed] ENGINEER and a separate [TE] ENGINEER.

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
What about Klaestron Outpost? if I download it using Construct Starship, I imagine that I could download it to any mission with a [Car] icon (other than a homeworld) if I had a [Car] Engineer present (because it would be downloaded in " [Car] mode") and that I could download it anywhere with a [Fed] icon (other than a homeworld) if I had a [Fed] Engineer present (because it would be be downloaded in " [Fed] mode").

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
WeAreBack wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 3:08 pm What about Klaestron Outpost? if I download it using Construct Starship, I imagine that I could download it to any mission with a [Car] icon (other than a homeworld) if I had a [Car] Engineer present (because it would be downloaded in " [Car] mode") and that I could download it anywhere with a [Fed] icon (other than a homeworld) if I had a [Fed] Engineer present (because it would be be downloaded in " [Fed] mode").
You need a Klaestron ENGINEER to build this outpost. So that is Ilon Tandro or Orren Ran
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]