By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:41 am also: are sites open information? or can i hide whos in there?
Rules say your opponent may only see your personnel/equipment cards when played. However they also enter play face up and rest atop a site card if they are at that site. So, it would seem your opponent would be able to see the top personnel/equipment in each group at a site.

Edit: The above was found to be incorrect. After reporting and your opponent has had a chance to examine your personnel and equipment, they may be turned face down.
Last edited by 9of24 on Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
9of24 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:14 pm
Ensign Q wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 1:41 am also: are sites open information? or can i hide whos in there?
Rules say your opponent may only see your personnel/equipment cards when played. However they also enter play face up and rest atop a site card if they are at that site. So, it would seem your opponent would be able to see the top personnel/equipment in each group at a site.

from glossary:
-----------
showing your cards
When playing any card face up, you must announce the card's name and show that card to your opponent. Afterwards, your opponent may only see your Personnel and Equipment cards when necessary
---------

So from that rule showing personal on sites is not nessecary.

Could you please point out to the rule you have in mind, regarding showing the top card of each site (after its played)?

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i feel lackey completely breaks when playing with nors. there is not enough space for sites (scaling helps) and certainly not enough crewtabs.

yeah id like to see the topcard revealed rule.

By 9of24 (Jeremy Huth)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Mr.Sloan wrote:Could you please point out to the rule you have in mind, regarding showing the top card of each site (after its played)?
It appears I was mistaken. In my haste to respond I hadn't done a good job searching the rulebook. Searching the glossary I had found the rules stating the personnel must be played face up and were stacked on top of the site and nothing to say they could be flipped face down. However, I did find that rule in the rulebook. It was in the Move subsection of the Executing Orders section in the rulebook and says:
When your personnel move to a ship or space facility that you control, stack them face-up underneath the ship or facility card. (If the facility has sites, stack the personnel face-down on top of the appropriate Site card.)
My apologies for the oversight.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
its ok. it the typical. "how we play it" vs "what the rules say" scenario ;)

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
9of24 wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2021 1:15 pm
Mr.Sloan wrote:Could you please point out to the rule you have in mind, regarding showing the top card of each site (after its played)?
It appears I was mistaken. In my haste to respond I hadn't done a good job searching the rulebook. Searching the glossary I had found the rules stating the personnel must be played face up and were stacked on top of the site and nothing to say they could be flipped face down. However, I did find that rule in the rulebook. It was in the Move subsection of the Executing Orders section in the rulebook and says:
When your personnel move to a ship or space facility that you control, stack them face-up underneath the ship or facility card. (If the facility has sites, stack the personnel face-down on top of the appropriate Site card.)
My apologies for the oversight.
no problem. thanks for answering anyway, that way stuff is cleared, in a collective affort :)

The sacred cow in 1E for me is: Not Oversimplifiyi[…]

@Rancour@gmx.de @Gul Dakar Florian gets the F[…]

Deck Design Strategy

And just to add to the overall discussion, coming […]

MN 2024 Gatherings

28th it is. 1E Event is up: https://www.trekcc.or[…]