By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
is there a document for how all the nors work? the glossary is all over the place

By Iron Prime (Dan Van Kampen)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:25 pm is there a document for how all the nors work? the glossary is all over the place
Do you mean in general like sites, docking, etc.? The rule book has the basics in the Seed Phase section under facilities and also the walking, etc. in the movement section of Executing Orders.

Otherwise I think the only extra special thing is Empok Nor...

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i dont understand the commandeering rules of nors.

for example ds9 seeds as either fed or car, but whats the point? does it even matter what faction the station is, when you report to its sides?
does it even need to have a faction to get used? empok nor for example

im also not exactly sure how sites work, since i never read rules about them

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
ops is why affiliation matters. Ops downloads only work for matching personnel. Most of the Classification reporting sites require compatible personnel (science lab or security office) while others don't (shops or guest quarters).

The stuff isn't in the rules so it doesn't belong in the rulebook, it's on the cards.

But we can answer questions and point to the right cards.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ops already breaks my head
Any player may, in place of their normal card play, download to an unopposed site on this station one card which may play there (if reporting a ship or personnel, must be of matching affiliation); player draws no cards that turn.
most other site already allow downloads of personnel, so this one allows it to everywhere? (if it matches) (like medics to Infirmary) and non aligned can no longer report to their sites at all???

can i report directly to turbolift, then walk into ops and commandeer?

if a nor is uncontrolled, every affilation is compatible?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Only some sites allow downloads themselves (cargo bay, Klingon Restaurant, Quark's Bar, Wardroom), and those are the ones who allow non-compatible personnel to report aboard, so they wouldn't work with ops to begin with.

Also, see Trust the Prophets and We Need You Here for relieving some of the limitations placed on Nor based decks.

As far as commandeering, you can only commandeer your opponent's Nors, or an uncontrolled empok nor. But this is why there are cards for protecting your nors (Sisko 197 Subroutine, Automated Security System, Contain Boarding Parties, and Greater Glory of Cardassia) from early game Nor snatchers.

Read the seeding side of Empok Nor, you cannot report there when it is uncontrolled, you will have to get your people there by other means be that flying over or an Empok specific way (Brunt's Shuttle, Ferengi Infestation, or Sleeper Trap) although the dilemmas are mainly a defense from opponents thieving your Empok.
Last edited by winterflames on Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:57 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
they dont work with ops? i dont get it

what exactly does ops?
the wording is so confusing.

regaring empok nor. you can never report to stations?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
That's fine, we can break Ops down.
Compatible OFFICER-classification personnel may report here.
Reporting here only requires the personnel to be Compatible with the station's current affiliation.
Any player may, in place of their normal card play, download to an unopposed site on this station one card which may play there (if reporting a ship or personnel, must be of matching affiliation); player draws no cards that turn.
Using an Ops download requires that the personnel be Matching the station's current affiliation. So you cannot Ops download a Ferengi waiter, they wouldn't match the station's affiliation, but you can Quark's bardownload that same waiter, because it doesn't use Ops for that.
Any Computer Skill personnel unopposed here may commandeer station.
Note the key here, Unopposed, they can't steal your station if you have people here.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Breaking down Empok Nor
Seeds (uncontrolled) during mission phase at a ❖ mission. Dilemmas related to Empok Nor may seed beneath station.
This is the only way for Empok to enter play, and there are traps.
No reporting aboard. Once no dilemmas remain, any player may commandeer; then flip over. (Not duplicatable.)
You can't start at the abandoned station, but once you commandeer it you flip to the other side...
When first flipped, each player may download to station any number of different compatible Site and Equipment cards. Normal reporting now allowed. (Not duplicatable.)
congratulations, you succeeded in reactivating the station, you get all the goodies. Now that you own it, you can use the sites for stuff.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
but it also says (if reporting a ship or personnel, must be of matching affiliation)
which reads to me, it disables all other reports that are not [Baj] or [Car] (at DS9)

No reporting aboard. (empok)
how do i know this includes sites?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:11 am but it also says (if reporting a ship or personnel, must be of matching affiliation)
which reads to me, it disables all other reports that are not [Baj] or [Car] (at DS9
That parenthetical clause only applies to the Ops download. It has no effect outside the sentence. See the breakdown above.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
holy crap, why does it say reporting then.

if it said
Any player may, in place of their normal card play, download to an unopposed site on this station one card which may play there (must be of matching affiliation)
it wouldnt break my head so much

but 1e it is. so its silly to seed ops if you play ds9?!
as its controlled already and doesnt give your opp a site to steal it.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:11 am No reporting aboard. (empok)
how do i know this includes sites?
Stations have no built in reporting abilities, but when a card refers to reporting aboard a Nor, it is specifically talking about the Sites of that nor.
From Facility in the glossary:
They may report to or dock at any Nor according to the text of its site cards.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:19 am holy crap, why does it say reporting then.

if it said
Any player may, in place of their normal card play, download to an unopposed site on this station one card which may play there (must be of matching affiliation)
it wouldnt break my head so much

but 1e it is. so its silly to seed ops if you play ds9?!
as its controlled already and doesnt give your opp a site to steal it.
If it said that you couldn't use it to download equipment. They don't have affiliation. And remember, every download of a personnel or ship into play is also reporting and playing that card.

If you don't play an ops you can't use Ops downloads to get the right people when you need them, which is the biggest strength of a Nor deck.

Good mornin' lads, just got me thinking: What w[…]

NE Oklahoma, SE Kansas?

Yes, it was at Redeemer in Bartlesville. Unfortuna[…]

Apologies for the delays in the results. They will[…]

MW for doctorjoya over tykajada 35-0. GG! :cheers[…]