By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Zalkonian Storage Capsule (that infamous last place you can download from) has a very clear provision for what happens if someone destroys it: "If destroyed, shuffle stored cards and place group on top or bottom of draw deck."

By contrast, Fal-Tor-Pan does not. Now I get that most decks will be playing this with something that allows Vulcans to free report (2154 Vulcan or Kolinahr) so cards won't hang around. I'm sure I saw a glossary entry for this somewhere once explaining what happens to the cards stacked on top of a card in play that is discarded, but I can't find it now.

Second, if a personnel is rendered no longer Vulcan after being placed on Fal-tor-pan. (Yes, it IS possible. See the first rule for species in the glossary. I could place a copy of a [Fed] of Vulcan species who is already on Fal-tor-pan under a played-to-table Holoprogram: 221B Baker Street.) My understanding is that this card is already on Fal-Tor-Pan, so I would still be able to play that personnel to the "planet Vulcan" so long as I had a valid place to report them (such as a ship with a Holodeck door).

Thirdly, I also assume that reporting them "to the planet Vulcan" would mean that this ship with the holodeck door would actually have to be landed, whether at 2154 Vulcan, or the spaceline Vulcan, and not just in orbit.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
WeAreBack wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:34 pm Second, if a personnel is rendered no longer Vulcan after being placed on Fal-tor-pan. (Yes, it IS possible. See the first rule for species in the glossary. I could place a copy of a [Fed] of Vulcan species who is already on Fal-tor-pan under a played-to-table Holoprogram: 221B Baker Street.) My understanding is that this card is already on Fal-Tor-Pan, so I would still be able to play that personnel to the "planet Vulcan" so long as I had a valid place to report them (such as a ship with a Holodeck door).
Fal-tor-pan only checks to see if a card is a Vulcan personnel while it is the top card of your discard pile. Once it has been moved to F-t-p, as long as it remains a personnel, it can still be played as if from hand.

You are correct in that you still need a legal way to report it. Keep in mind, cards on F-t-p are not in play, they simply can be played as if from your hand. They are also safe from Scorched Hand and other similar effects since they are in fact not in your hand.

That means, placing a copy under Holoprogram: 221B Baker Street has no effect on it until it has been successfully reported; it would not gain [Holo] while on F-t-p so the Holodeck Door will not work as a reporting aid.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
WeAreBack wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:34 pm Zalkonian Storage Capsule (that infamous last place you can download from) has a very clear provision for what happens if someone destroys it: "If destroyed, shuffle stored cards and place group on top or bottom of draw deck."

By contrast, Fal-Tor-Pan does not. Now I get that most decks will be playing this with something that allows Vulcans to free report (2154 Vulcan or Kolinahr) so cards won't hang around. I'm sure I saw a glossary entry for this somewhere once explaining what happens to the cards stacked on top of a card in play that is discarded, but I can't find it now.
In the glossary under discarding
When multiple discards result from the same action (e.g., you discard a destroyed ship and all cards aboard; you discard your entire hand using Handshake), place the cards in your discard pile one at a time (allowing your opponent to see them), in the order you choose.
WeAreBack wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:34 pm Second, if a personnel is rendered no longer Vulcan after being placed on Fal-tor-pan. (Yes, it IS possible. See the first rule for species in the glossary. I could place a copy of a [Fed] of Vulcan species who is already on Fal-tor-pan under a played-to-table Holoprogram: 221B Baker Street.) My understanding is that this card is already on Fal-Tor-Pan, so I would still be able to play that personnel to the "planet Vulcan" so long as I had a valid place to report them (such as a ship with a Holodeck door).
They only need to be Vulcan to play there, not stay there. Your cards here are not "in play" so they are not effected by HP221BBS
WeAreBack wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:34 pm Thirdly, I also assume that reporting them "to the planet Vulcan" would mean that this ship with the holodeck door would actually have to be landed, whether at 2154 Vulcan, or the spaceline Vulcan, and not just in orbit.
Not relevant since they are not [Holo]

although....... can you play someone from Fal-tor-Pan to the time location? I'm not sure the answer to that......

@Brad are you Brad Snyder?

That is intended. A cure dilemma ALWAYS has its ef[…]

Nelvana Trap

Wait ... what? Since when does battle during a di[…]

Capturing Related

Thank you for the explanation. It's speculative, b[…]