By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
Odo (Dogs of War) brings up an interesting old problem. Let's suppose he's with Kira, and you want to change the two of them from one affiliation (both the same) to another. Historically, you would have had to separate them first as you can only switch one card's affiliation at a time and switching while the other is present would thus create a house arrest situation, which you can't voluntarily do.

There was talk at one point of changing the rules to enable a player to switch Odo and Kira both as one action, which would make more Trek Sense, but did that ever pass?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Boffo97 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:03 amThere was talk at one point of changing the rules to enable a player to switch Odo and Kira both as one action, which would make more Trek Sense, but did that ever pass
Short version: no.

The long version is long, but it was discussed at enormous length (and technically could still happen).

By HoodieDM
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Boffo97 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:03 am Odo (Dogs of War) brings up an interesting old problem. Let's suppose he's with Kira, and you want to change the two of them from one affiliation (both the same) to another. Historically, you would have had to separate them first as you can only switch one card's affiliation at a time and switching while the other is present would thus create a house arrest situation, which you can't voluntarily do.

There was talk at one point of changing the rules to enable a player to switch Odo and Kira both as one action, which would make more Trek Sense, but did that ever pass?
If they're on a planet, they're fine. Because they can separate. On a ship or in a facility, you're right, technically they would have to be.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I don't think the two people can separate if they're on a planet, but as always, I could be wrong.

The Glossary under "Away Team and Crew" says:
Your compatible personnel aboard one ship or facility, at one site, or on one planet surface (outside a facility or landed ship) must form a single Away Team or crew.
It goes on to say that personnel who are stopped, disabled or in stasis form a second Away Team, but none of those things is happening. Switching the affiliation of one would make them no longer compatible, but you cannot voluntarily create a House Arrest situation.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Boffo97 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:28 pm I don't think the two people can separate if they're on a planet, but as always, I could be wrong.

The Glossary under "Away Team and Crew" says:
Your compatible personnel aboard one ship or facility, at one site, or on one planet surface (outside a facility or landed ship) must form a single Away Team or crew.
It goes on to say that personnel who are stopped, disabled or in stasis form a second Away Team, but none of those things is happening. Switching the affiliation of one would make them no longer compatible, but you cannot voluntarily create a House Arrest situation.
But House Arrest isn't triggered on a planet's surface.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
JeBuS wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:34 pm But House Arrest isn't triggered on a planet's surface.
It isn't?! *checks*

Huh, you're right. The Glossary says "(Incompatible personnel on a planet surface split into two Away Teams instead.)"

You learn something new about this game every day.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Boffo97 wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:37 pm
JeBuS wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 2:34 pm But House Arrest isn't triggered on a planet's surface.
It isn't?! *checks*

Huh, you're right. The Glossary says "(Incompatible personnel on a planet surface split into two Away Teams instead.)"

You learn something new about this game every day.
This fun little thing is a pillar of my sniper decks effectiveness. I get 3 cardies now, get 2 macos later, they auto separate and voila, I get multiple battles without needing anything else bc they can battle separately.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation