By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
i remember we had a discussion about the card last year already, because the wording is so confusing, and nobody understands how it interacts with flexible point boxes.
as always a clarification errata was refused.

Federation has no problem using the card if you seed both the genesis device and David Marcus in the sattellite
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:53 pmas always a clarification errata was refused.
Not refused at all. It was put on the big list of cards that would benefit from clarifying errata. As you know, clarifying errata takes time (I think we produced, on average, 1 clarifying errata per month over the past 12 months? give or take?), and there are many cards on the list.

Anyway, back to the question: I'm confused. Why wouldn't Genesis Device double the points of this mission? Just because it has an X?

IIRC, the argument last year was about whether it doubled the points immediately or doubled the points at solve time, although I could be misremembering it -- and, either way, Sha Ka Ree would end up benefitting. (I have notes on it somewhere.)

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
hm i dont remember the card was added to the todo list of things. i always hear, no ressources, no need.

yeah the question was, modified value is muliplied or not.
because of Kazon Conference
like is the * doubled as well?
2 maje is either [20]x2 = 40+10= 50
or [20+10]x2 =60
at what point checks the device the points, because technically you could have
3 maje present when you place the device (SET 20) (ADD 15) and MULTIPLY 35x2. then you solve without maje for 70?
following strict math rules. everything in the brackets is multiplied by 2 at the moment you place it.

In this case [10]x[X] becomes [20]x[X] i guess. commutative law helps here, because [10]x[2]x[X] would be the same as [10]x[X]x[2]
Question for noob

Is there an easy way to get him to the alpha quadr[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]