By Mongo
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Can I play events such as baryon buildup on dilemma that are ships such as Borg ship or any of the dilemma that are put in play when playing Obsession?

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
no. the same is true for other cards that can be played on ships.

they are only ships for interaction with real ships, not for cards being played on ships.

Welcome :)
North American OP Coordinator
By The Ninja Scot (Michael Van Breemen)
 - North American OP Coordinator
 -  
1E World Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E World Champion 2023
Tribbles World Champion 2022
The Traveler
1E North American Continental Champion 2023
2E North American Continental Champion 2023
  Trek Masters 1E Champion 2024
1E American National Champion 2023
1E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E Canadian National Champion 2023
2E  National Runner-Up 2023
2E American National Second Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
2E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
No, you cannot because dilemmas (even if they say that they're a ship and have ship-like attributes) are still dilemmas.

Michael
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
But Obsession is fun to play with. I did a Hirogen deck with it.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
if you use tactics against [Self] and it reduces stats, does it decrease points as well then?

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Obsession

Good question. It doesn't say "Printed Range + Weapons" so I am not sure.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
winterflames wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:10 am Obsession

When a ship is destroyed, the tactics come off of it and it goes to your point zone and at that point it is worth THAT and so basically by default its going to be whatever is printed.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 1:54 pm

When a ship is destroyed, the tactics come off of it and it goes to your point zone and at that point it is worth THAT and so basically by default its going to be whatever is printed.
Obsession doesn't send the card to the point area. You just score the points.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
AllenGould wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:30 pm

Probably thinking of Ultimatum.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:32 pm
AllenGould wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:30 pm

Probably thinking of Ultimatum.
Ah you're right. But the analysis still remains, the tactics come off of it when its destroyed so they are not there when you check it.

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hi Mongo! We haven't met. I have no further input on your topic, but I bid thee well come, and I'd like to ask if you're interested in an online beginners' tournament in April? If you are, I can fill you in later. No problem if you're not (yet) interested, and/or not a beginner. :wink: :thumbsup:
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:13 pm Ah you're right. But the analysis still remains, the tactics come off of it when its destroyed so they are not there when you check it.
True, but they were there *when* you destroyed them, so I think they should be included, same as any buffs it may have.

By Mongo
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Suden Kapala, I didn’t realize there was an online option to play Trek. How do I find it and is it a good platform?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:09 pm
Hoss-Drone wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:13 pm Ah you're right. But the analysis still remains, the tactics come off of it when its destroyed so they are not there when you check it.
True, but they were there *when* you destroyed them, so I think they should be included, same as any buffs it may have.
My position is that removing the tactics is part of processing the destruction (hits -100 hull, trigger it goes to the dc pile along with all cards on it, destruction complete, now you can respond), and obsession checking a destruction is a response to the destruction you have tonfinish processing it before it's complete and then obsession responds.

Obsession can't respond to a destruction before it has fully happened and I can't imagine it's fully happened until you process this rule:

LEAVING PLAY
When a card leaves play (or is "discarded"), it is placed in its owner's discard pile. Cards in the discard pile are stacked face-up, and their owner may examine them. If the discarded card was unique, its owner is now free to play another copy during his or her turn (if he or she has one!). You may not discard cards unless a card or rule allows or requires it.

Open Format: Discard Dilemmas
Dilemmas are placed out-of-play instead of being discarded (even when the dilemma specifies "discard dilemma"). Cards put out-of-play are placed in a separate pile from the discard pile. They are now conceptually outside the game, and cannot be retrieved by any means.

If a card leaves play, other cards played on or under it also leave play in the same manner. For example, if a ship is destroyed, all personnel aboard are killed and discarded to their owners' discard piles.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation