By Praetor
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
How did this work when it first came out? When you rearranged the space line what did you do with the opponents ship that triggered it?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Praetor wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:43 pm How did this work when it first came out? When you rearranged the space line what did you do with the opponents ship that triggered it?
Failing Q resulted in the attempting crew/away team being stopped.

Aside from self-seeding for "Q-Bypass" the other main use of OG Q was to pair it with The Sheliak, rearrange the mission to be next to the Sheliak's location and nuke the stopped away team at the end of the turn (and zero out the mission to boot).

Done correctly, it could be a game- ender. Especially if your opponent makes the mistake of seeding their Outpost at a planet.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Praetor wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 5:43 pm How did this work when it first came out? When you rearranged the space line what did you do with the opponents ship that triggered it?
when you rearranged the spaceline, everything at each location went with it. so ships, facilities, away teams, etc all went with whatever mission they were at.

By Praetor
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Takket wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 7:07 pm
when you rearranged the spaceline, everything at each location went with it. so ships, facilities, away teams, etc all went with whatever mission they were at.
Thanks, this is most helpful.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Here's the pre-errata Glossary entry:
Q – Revised text:
Unless 2 Leadership and INTEGRITY>60, Q
allows opponent to rearrange spaceline
locations. Otherwise, discard all dilemmas
seeded under here. Discard dilemma.

You may rearrange only the spaceline where
this dilemma was encountered. Move each
location card and all cards there (including
ships and facilities) as a single unit. You may
relocate a Q-Net between any two adjacent
spaceline locations. Regions of space may
be rearranged, breaking up the region.

Overcoming this dilemma allows you to
discard only Dilemma cards seeded under the
mission, not cards seeded like a dilemma (e.g.,
Q-Flash) or Q-icon dilemmas encountered
during a Q-Flash.

Nullifying or discarding the Q dilemma (e.g.,
with Q2 or Mortal Q) does not overcome the
dilemma or allow you to discard the other
dilemmas seeded there.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Sun Mar 21, 2021 6:04 pm
Failing Q resulted in the attempting crew/away team being stopped.

Aside from self-seeding for "Q-Bypass" the other main use of OG Q was to pair it with The Sheliak, rearrange the mission to be next to the Sheliak's location and nuke the stopped away team at the end of the turn (and zero out the mission to boot).

Done correctly, it could be a game- ender. Especially if your opponent makes the mistake of seeding their Outpost at a planet.
I don’t miss those days, even though I used Sheliak/Chandra/Q in every deck I built.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:32 am I don’t miss those days, even though I used Sheliak/Chandra/Q in every deck I built.
:thumbsup:

Q is nostalgia in the "yeah, remember the war?" way. It was A Thing; doesn't mean it was A Good Thing.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
AllenGould wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 9:55 am
jadziadax8 wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:32 am I don’t miss those days, even though I used Sheliak/Chandra/Q in every deck I built.

Q is nostalgia in the "yeah, remember the war?" way. It was A Thing; doesn't mean it was A Good Thing.
This is how my first ever tournament game ended 0 to -10. Sheliaks killed everything. My opponent hit a lack of prep. I mirror imaged kivas's to deck us

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
pfti wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:15 am

This is how my first ever tournament game ended 0 to -10. Sheliaks killed everything. My opponent hit a lack of prep. I mirror imaged kivas's to deck us
Pretty heads up play for your first tourney game, Jon. Nice one!

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  

That's true!

Still I like those "Kill them all" dilemma combos ... very much like:

<< kill the Cardassians>>

<<witch ones?>>

<< ALL OF THEM! >>

lol

[Dom] [Dom] [Dom]
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Professor Scott wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:26 am
pfti wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:15 am

Pretty heads up play for your first tourney game, Jon. Nice one!
There wernt a lot of other options. We both were out of outposts and I hadn't learned that you could devidian door androids into space to build a new one.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation