Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
Short version:
Facilities care about quadrant for cards that report/play to them. This also affects cards that get downloaded but need the reporting capability of a facility.
Natives to Timelines also care about quadrants [M].
[DL] Downloads, or cards that offer a reporting option don't care about quadrant.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
The two key points are:

1. Quadrant rules apply only when using facilities to report. (It's baked in to the rules letting you play cards to outposts, stations, headquarters, and sites.)
2. If a card doesn't tell you where to download a card, you have to play it somewhere you normally could play it. (And contrary-wise, if it *tells* you where to put the downloaded card, then it is providing a destination.)

So:
a. Bricklayer "downloads a Geology personnel to your MEDICAL and OFFICER". You don't have a choice where that download goes - it goes to where those two personnel are. So Bricklayer is providing the destination, so quadrant rules don't apply.

b. Simple Pleasures tells you to "download a female personnel". Note that it doesn't say *where*, which means it has to be somewhere you could normally play that personnel. If you want to play it to a facility, it has to match quadrant because that's part of the rules for playing to facilities.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BanditKeith wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:51 am I'm unclear which cards can ignore the quadrant rule when downloading personnel. Can I fetch [MQ] people to the Alpha Quadrant with I'm A Doctor, Not A Bricklayer or Life's Simple Pleasures?
Not sure what you're going for, but Assign Support Personnel is really good at getting a [MQ] support personnel to an Alpha location. Makes setting up things like Study Divergent History a lot easier.

- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
jrch5618 wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:09 am Keep in mind that the Alpha Dominion engine We All Serve self-destructs if you play any non-Alpha personnel - so you might want to reconsider.

(And yes, downloading counts as playing/reporting.)
Yes the new spoiler made my comment look very foolish, but I leave it intact for posterity. :D

Still it's good advice for non-Dominion Cardassian decks.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation