By haplot
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Perhaps you wonderful people can help.

I've had a discussion with my other half, and they said they remembered a rule where if you say played Earth (+5 other missions obviously :D ) and a time location native to Earth, ALL of the missions you seed belong to that time locations time frame.

Is my lovely other half mis remembering things? Its been sooo long

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Aroo?

The spaceline is always conceptually in the 24th century (insert oblugatory hand waving about Vulcan/Starfleet "24th Century" missions here)

The rule states that in order to seed or play a time location, the corresponding spaceline location must be in play.

Hope that clears things up. :cheersL:
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
haplot wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 8:14 pm Perhaps you wonderful people can help.

I've had a discussion with my other half, and they said they remembered a rule where if you say played Earth (+5 other missions obviously :D ) and a time location native to Earth, ALL of the missions you seed belong to that time locations time frame.

Is my lovely other half mis remembering things? Its been sooo long
I don't think that your lovely other half is remembering a real rule, but there were a lot of rules in those heady Decipher days, so perhaps I am mistaken.

On the other hand, I think I might know what she's thinking of. There was once a rule (December 1997 - October 2000) that, if a time location was in play, all personnel native to that time location had to report there. So, if no player was using Montana Missile Complex, then any player with an Alternate Universe Door could report Lily Sloane to a Klingon Outpost. But if either player did play Montana Missile Complex, then that instantly forced Lily Sloane to report there -- and only there!

It's a little bit of a stretch, but I can imagine that a rule like that might get interpreted as implying that playing a time location somehow changes the basic historical period of the game. So mayyybe that's it?

Today, time locations are simply locations in the past. Personnel "native" to a time location may report to it "naturally" -- without an open [1E-AU] doorway -- but they never have to. You can access them only through time travel (usually Temporal Conduit and/or Protect the Timeline), and you can only seed or play a time location if its corresponding spaceline location is already on the table. Your missions are always in the "present" timeline (which means the mid-late 24th-century of TNG, DS9, and VOY).
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation