- The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Default damage = [Flip] [Flip]

Direct hit from a battle against a dilemma = [Flip] [Flip] [Flip] [Flip]

Glossary Entry:
Default damage
When you are using a Battle Bridge side deck, sometimes your opponent's ship or facility will be damaged when you do not have a current tactic (such as when encountering a dilemma or during a battle in which you choose not to play a current tactic). Whenever this occurs, the default damage is two [Flip] cards from your side deck, or four [Flip] cards for a direct hit. (Default damage should not be confused with "card rotation" damage, which applies only when you are not using a Battle Bridge side deck.)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:25 pm If there is a Battle Bridge. Otherwise the Range reduction and Cloaking Device is off-line, or on direct hit just a destroyed ship.
Of course. But since the question was premised on tactic flips, I didn't think the rotation damage rules were relevant. :wink:
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Tyberius_Deangelo wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:22 pm Thanks, Armus. I knew I read that somewhere, but I could not find it again in the rulebook.
In that case, the Rulebook may be missing something. Where'd you look?

By Mr.Sloan
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
defaut damage of range = 5 and cloaking device offline is i guess something that need to stay in the rules. but how about writing [Flip] [Flip] for dilemmas on the card(s) opening battle bridge door? (errata)

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BUMP!

What if the dilemma says "destroy", like Cosmic String Fragment? Do I keep apply damage markers from the BBSD until hull is reduced 100%, even if that means 5+ tactics need to be applied? "Destroy" is not the same thing as "direct hit" which is [Flip] [Flip] [Flip] [Flip] for "default damage" in the glossary

I don't see that distinction in the glossary
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Takket wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:05 pm BUMP!

What if the dilemma says "destroy", like Cosmic String Fragment? Do I keep apply damage markers from the BBSD until hull is reduced 100%, even if that means 5+ tactics need to be applied? "Destroy" is not the same thing as "direct hit" which is [Flip] [Flip] [Flip] [Flip] for "default damage" in the glossary

I don't see that distinction in the glossary
Rulebook:KILLED OR DESTROYED wrote: Cards that are killed or destroyed leave play normally, usually to the discard pile. All personnel aboard a ship or facility when it is destroyed are killed, and all equipment present is destroyed.
No tactics involved - go directly to discard pile, do not pass outpost, do not collect Gold-Pressed Latinum.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]