By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
if my Kova Tholl is killed by battling one of my other males during resolving Koon-ut-kal-if-fee, do I get the 10 points?

Weird thing about this is Tholl doesn't say "battle" he says "attack". Declaring an attack is part of starting a personnel battle, but that never really happens here. Attack isn't defined other than the battle entry saying you need to declare what you are attacking to start a battle.

Does an "attack" have to come from my opponent, or is the term battle synonymous with attack?

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Takket wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:34 pm if my Kova Tholl is killed by battling one of my other males during resolving Koon-ut-kal-if-fee, do I get the 10 points?

Weird thing about this is Tholl doesn't say "battle" he says "attack". Declaring an attack is part of starting a personnel battle, but that never really happens here. Attack isn't defined other than the battle entry saying you need to declare what you are attacking to start a battle.

Does an "attack" have to come from my opponent, or is the term battle synonymous with attack?
Add on question with Koon ut kal if fee based on a playtesting game:

If Koon is enhanced by Let me help do the two selected personnel battle the strongest male together or do they do it seperately? I'll need a blue ruling on this.

One argument is that if the two people are compatible they would do it together and they should be compatible if they were in the away team or crew.

Another argument is that Koon doesnt NECESSARILY require them to battle together since koon doesnt say they initiate battle against strongest male so its been put forward that increasing the number to two means that koon will process the text of "battling strongest male" seperately for each chosen person as sub actions.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Hoss-Drone wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:49 pm
Takket wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:34 pm if my Kova Tholl is killed by battling one of my other males during resolving Koon-ut-kal-if-fee, do I get the 10 points?

If Koon is enhanced by Let me help do the two selected personnel battle the strongest male together or do they do it seperately? I'll need a blue ruling on this.

One argument is that if the two people are compatible they would do it together and they should be compatible if they were in the away team or crew.

Another argument is that Koon doesnt NECESSARILY require them to battle together since koon doesnt say they initiate battle against strongest male so its been put forward that increasing the number to two means that koon will process the text of "battling strongest male" seperately for each chosen person as sub actions.
Based on this, they both battle the strongest at the same time... not blue but... pretty close

viewtopic.php?p=467753#p467753

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Takket wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 9:11 pm
Hoss-Drone wrote: Thu May 27, 2021 8:49 pm

Based on this, they both battle the strongest at the same time... not blue but... pretty close

viewtopic.php?p=467753#p467753
So if i'm understanding both you and James on this - the two people selected will both have to face the strongest male instead of the normal battle shuffle and see who gets paired? This is the conclusion I reached. I did not remember that being discussed.

By aabecame
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
The way I read this is:
If person can't relocate and no other male present Dilemma voided (no target)
or
Vulcan male or person selected battles strongest other person present (1 on 1) not (2 on 1) if killed person is Kova Tholl he is placed in the points area not the discard pile / Koon-ut-kal-if-fee

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]