- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Given you have seeded this card. Can you still win with other winning conditions?

By Ausgang (Gerald Sieber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Nothing on New Civilizations states that you must win the game that way, so I'd say it adds an extra win condition to your default win conditions (rather than supplanting them).

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Is ❖ nebula Compatible with new civilizations?
Last edited by winterflames on Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
winterflames wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:36 am Is ❖ nebula Compatible with new civilizations?
No, because there's no way to solve it.
Last edited by Armus on Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:52 am
winterflames wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:36 am Is ❖ nebula Compatible with new civilizations?
It's not there for solving, silly. It is there for an appropriately timed nexus or borg ship by way of gold.

I guess the real question is, do non-point missions show "30 points or less" in 1E?
Last edited by winterflames on Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
winterflames wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:58 am
Armus wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 10:52 am
It's not there for solving, silly. It is there for an appropriately timed nexus or borg ship by way of gold.

I guess the real question is, do non-point missions show "30 points or less" in 1E?
I would say no. They don't show points, therefore they don't show less than 31 points.
Last edited by JeBuS on Sat Jun 05, 2021 11:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ausgang wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:47 am Nothing on New Civilizations states that you must win the game that way, so I'd say it adds an extra win condition to your default win conditions (rather than supplanting them).
Nowhere on the card does it say you MUST win the game using the alternate win condition that New Civilizations gives. As the lead designer on A Private Little War, I can say that our intent was that you could win the game either way when you seed New Civilizations, the regular way (at least 2 missions [one space, one planet], and 100 points), or the "no point" way through four missions.

-James M
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Orbin wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 12:31 pm
Ausgang wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:47 am Nothing on New Civilizations states that you must win the game that way, so I'd say it adds an extra win condition to your default win conditions (rather than supplanting them).
Nowhere on the card does it say you MUST win the game using the alternate win condition that New Civilizations gives. As the lead designer on A Private Little War, I can say that our intent was that you could win the game either way when you seed New Civilizations, the regular way (at least 2 missions [one space, one planet], and 100 points), or the "no point" way through four missions.

-James M
As a matter of fact, in playtesting, I seem to recall that James M delighted in seeding New Civs and then pulling off a two-mission win, just to mess with me.

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]