By aabecame
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Just read the Card Extras Remastered - Husnock Outpost and at the bottom of the page is says:
Husnock Outpost is used in primarily Non-Aligned builds, and can also find a home in Delta Quadrant affiliation decks looking to establish an Alpha Quadrant foothold.
And the Glossary says under Facility:
Facilities may seed only in their native quadrant.
Does, Seed at any [NA] location allow you to seed it in the [1E-DQ]?
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Nope, I think the idea is that you have your DQ and play NA to the AQ. Your DQ ship can then dock in the AQ
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
It could seed in [1E-DQ] It could seed in AQ, build in [1E-DQ]. But reporting on a build one in [1E-DQ] doesn't work for personnel and ships.
NATIVE QUADRANT

A card's native quadrant is indicated by an icon on its right side. Cards that are native to the Delta Quadrant have the [1E-DQ] icon, cards native to the Gamma Quadrant have the [1E-GQ] icon, cards native to the Mirror Quadrant have the [MQ] icon, and cards native to the Alpha Quadrant (the majority of cards in the game) have no quadrant icon. When reporting for duty, both the card reporting and the facility it reports to must be in their native quadrants.

Equipment cards have no native quadrant, and may report to any quadrant.
Last edited by eberlems on Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
While a rules case could be made that the Husnock Outpost's game text should allow it to seed in another quadrant, my reading of the rules suggests it can only seed in the AQ:
Glossary: Facility - Seeding and Building Facilities wrote:Facilities may seed only in their native quadrant (but may be built during the play phase in any quadrant, if appropriate).
I suppose we shall have to do the @BCSWowbagger summoning dance.

Of course, if you want a [NA] outpost in the [1E-DQ], you might as well just use the Nekrit Supply Depot.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Not rules master anymore, but it 100 percent can only seed in the AQ. The non-reporting rules only kick in because you can build an outpost in a non-native quadrant for repairing and the like

By Boffo97 (Dave Hines)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Retired Moderator
I think we can trust pfti on this. He was there when the deep magic was written.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
pfti wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:21 pm Not rules master anymore, but it 100 percent can only seed in the AQ. The non-reporting rules only kick in because you can build an outpost in a non-native quadrant for repairing and the like
Agreed. :thumbsup:

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Just to be clear, Husnock Outpost cannot be built/played (since the card doesn't specifically allow for it). It can only seed.

(I was notified of that when wanting to use it in a Neutral Zone [1E-TNG] [Bor] deck.)
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
Boffo97 wrote: Mon Jul 05, 2021 5:41 pm I think we can trust pfti on this. He was there when the deep magic was written.
Hehehe...we've been reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe at bedtime lately, so :thumbsup: :thumbsup: .
1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation