By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
phaserihardlyknowher wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:35 pm
BCSWowbagger wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 12:26 pm For its second function, yes. The download is mandatory and the card play fails if the download is not completed successfully.

OP's question was about its first function, though, which works just fine so long as you can get an appropriate other species person out.
Well, they are sort of tied together. Not much point in stocking it in a deck if you don't have anyone to play it on. This makes Cardassian Dissidents less usable, in my opinion, because Cardassians have some skill gaps that are hard to cover that their facilitied counterparts can cover with Comfort Women.

The Empok Nor option doesn't seem to work either based on the previous discussion of "in play" meaning "anything you own, regardless of whether or not you control it". It also takes up a seed slot, and low seed cards is one of the things that makes this a fun (and viable) deck. It does explain why I saw so few decks using it, however. I'm tinkering now to see if it's possible to make this work without it. There's only a handful of missing skills, so maybe.
NOTE: The Cardassian dissidents were tested without Comfort Women. While Comfort Women would make the deck easier, we were able to build successful decks without it

-James M
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
@Orbin, didn't you actually end up with a pretty solid resistance deck by the end of project storm testing? I know it usually doesn't make sense to share playtest decks, but, if people are looking for a nice way to get started, it might be nice to dig that feller out of cold storage to share.

By phaserihardlyknowher (Ben Daeuber)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I have no doubt there's likely a solid deck in there. I'm far from a master deckbuilder, so I'm probably not the one to find it.

More than that, it does feel like a missed opportunity to have a deck type that leverages Cardassian Dissidents, a card that turns a limited number of personnel into Cardassian Dissidents and dovetails nicely with one of the unique characteristics of that affiliation, and they can't be used together. It sort of fails on the thematic flavor you were talking about earlier @BCSWowbagger. Some particular bit of uniqueness that makes it not feel like reskinned Maquis (who are further differentiated by access to The Art of Diplomacy). On the other, it becomes essentially an auto-include in any Dissident deck, so that's perhaps not what you want from a design perspective.
Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

First: Rescue Captives is OP, there should[…]