By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I also have SDII, one with 1998 and with 2000 Copy-write cards but I don't know if there is any difference between the books themselves.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
There's a rulebook in Starter Deck II? This project is a continual voyage of discovery!

Holy crap:
Decipher re-releases a core product of Star Trek CCG, the Premiere starter deck, with a new Premiere rule booklet (version 1.1, including all Premiere rules updates to present), and including 8 new cards specially designed for Starter Deck II. Each of the new Premiere Starter Deck II packs will contain 60 randomized white bordered unlimited edition cards from the original 363-card Premiere set (2 rare, 13 uncommon and 45 common), 8 fixed black bordered new limited edition cards, and the Premiere (version 1.1) rule booklet.
I... I don't know what's real anymore. I don't even know whether the Premiere Rulebook PDF I currently have is the 1994 version or the 1998 version!

Can you scanner people scan both Premiere and Starter Deck II rulebooks and I can sort it out with my Giant Spreadsheet Of Change and Decay? Maybe you can work out some reasonable division of labor between yourselves.

The Rules Archive Project thanks you.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
By quick eyeballing the 1998 and 2000 STII rulebooks appear to be the same. They are both Copy-write 1998 and other than the 2000 being a brighter shade of purple on the cover, I can see no difference.
 -  
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 4:14 pm By quick eyeballing the 1998 and 2000 STII rulebooks appear to be the same. They are both Copy-write 1998 and other than the 2000 being a brighter shade of purple on the cover, I can see no difference.
Wait, you're telling me that there's two different versions of the SDII rulebook?

I was asking about the difference between the 1998 SDII RB and the 1994 Premiere RB. I wasn't even realizing that there were two printings of SDII.

Thank you for skimming, though! It sounds like (hopefully) there are no differences between them.

....plus, even if there were differences, I have really good documentation for 1999 and 2000, so I would probably know about them from other sources. A lot of the things that happened early in the game's history are genuinely mysterious, so finding out what the differences are between the 1994 and 1998 rulebooks is my real aim here.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
What I was trying to say was that while the 8 cards have different copywrite date, the Rulebooks appear to be the same.
 -  
Community Contributor
Professor Scott wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:01 pm What I was trying to say was that while the 8 cards have different copywrite date, the Rulebooks appear to be the same.
Okay, that's a relief!

Do both those Rulebooks appear to match the 1994 Rulebook? I ask because the Decipher marketing promo appears to say that it does not and should not -- it should be updated (although how updated is unclear from the marketing copy).

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
BCSWowbagger wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:24 pm
Professor Scott wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:01 pm What I was trying to say was that while the 8 cards have different copywrite date, the Rulebooks appear to be the same.
Okay, that's a relief!

Do both those Rulebooks appear to match the 1994 Rulebook? I ask because the Decipher marketing promo appears to say that it does not and should not -- it should be updated (although how updated is unclear from the marketing copy).
I do not have a Premier rulebook handy at the moment to confirm. The SDII rulebook has 32 pages with Intro on page 1 followed by 5 pages of Premier cardlist if that helps any.
 -  
Community Contributor
The hard-copy Premiere rulebook is 35 pages! Something changed!

*runs around like chicken with head cut off with excitement*

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
I'll look for one of mine so maybe I can do a page by page... Hopefully, it's not just a font change, lol.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
On first pass, there are some differences:
SDII is definately a smaller font.
There are some sequencing differences (Premier references a 60 card deck, SDII does not)
SDII ends with a 10 page Glossary and 5 page card list that is not in Premier.

Bottom Line, I recommend @jadziadax8 scan a copy of the SDII as it has significant differences to Premier. I have not reviewed the actual paragraphs but I am sure in the 4 years between, there are changes to the wording of each section.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation