By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Hi guys,

quick question: Can equipment be beamed between a ship and facility or two ships that are not compatible with each other?

Talking about beaming ONLY equipment cards, nothing else.

The Glossary states that personnel much be compatible with the ships and all the stuff, which is without question, but no word about equipment cards.

So let's say my Cardassian ship is at the same location as my Vidiian facility. Can I beam equipment from / to the ship?

I would say yes, because equipment has no affiliation, but I wanted to check just to be sure.

(Don't ask WHY I would consider doing that ... just a deck idea :D)

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Logically, I would say no, because the Vidiians aren't going to lower their shields to allow the Cardassians to beam anything.

Does that apply to the rules however....
To beam to or from a ship or facility, its SHIELDS must be conceptually dropped by a player, or a card or rule must specifically allow dropping or beaming through the SHIELDS. Transporters and SHIELDS may be operated by the player who controls a ship, or by any player who is allowed to use a facility.
The starting and ending point of the transport must be at the same location and a ship or facility must be compatible with any personnel beaming aboard, unless you are invading an opponent's ship or facility that you are not allowed to use. (Equipment cards have no affiliation.)
I would say yes, it is allowed.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Dukat wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:07 am The Glossary states that personnel much be compatible with the ships and all the stuff, which is without question, but no word about equipment cards.
I think it doesn't need to say anything about equipment cards, because of what you say later on: equipment has no affiliation. It's compatible with everyone. Therefore the "must be compatible" restriction does not apply to equipment. Therefore you can beam it.

It's slightly odd, @boromirofborg is right about that... but no odder than the fact that a [NA] personnel can beam directly from your [Kli] ship to your [Hir] ship.
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]