By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Homefront's second function allows free reporting on of "personnel who have infiltration icons may report (for free) on homeworlds those icons match."

To be clear, this would mean that Kira Founder and Martok Founder can report respectively to Disrupt Alliance and Launch Military Strike, because there is no mention of quadrants.

By contrast, you wouldn't be able to report Leyton Founder to Monitor Population, not because it's the wrong universe but because the card says "Starfleet homeworld."

Correct?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
WeAreBack wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:41 pm Homefront's second function allows free reporting on of "personnel who have infiltration icons may report (for free) on homeworlds those icons match."

To be clear, this would mean that Kira Founder and Martok Founder can report respectively to Disrupt Alliance and Launch Military Strike, because there is no mention of quadrants.

By contrast, you wouldn't be able to report Leyton Founder to Monitor Population, not because it's the wrong universe but because the card says "Starfleet homeworld."

Correct?
No and yes.

From the Glossary:
However, when game text refers to cards matching the affiliation of a homeworld (or vice versa), it applies only to cards that also match the universe of the homeworld. For example, HQ: War Room on the mirror universe Bajor will enhance the attributes of your [MQ] Bajorans, but not your Alpha Quadrant Bajorans (regardless of which quadrant the personnel are located in); Homefront on mirror-universe Bajor will allow you to download only [MQ][Baj] SECURITY personnel; downloading cards with Defend Homeworld depends on your [MQ][Baj] card being attacked at mirror-universe Bajor; and Assimilate Homeworld requires a counterpart matching the homeworld's universe and affiliation.

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Sorry. I'm a little unclear on what you mean. I'm not referring to the first function of Homefront, which involves downloading personnel, but rather to the second function that allows infiltrators to report.

Since Kira Founder is a [1E-GQ] card, wouldn't any rationale that prevents her from playing free at Mirror Bajor also prevent her playing at Alpha Bajor?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
WeAreBack wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:02 pm Sorry. I'm a little unclear on what you mean. I'm not referring to the first function of Homefront, which involves downloading personnel, but rather to the second function that allows infiltrators to report.

Since Kira Founder is a [1E-GQ] card, wouldn't any rationale that prevents her from playing free at Mirror Bajor also prevent her playing at Alpha Bajor?
Maybe that response was a little unclear.

It's from the "Mirror Universe" entry of the glossary.

[1E-GQ] and Alpha are different quadrants but the same universe. [MQ] is a different quadrant AND a different universe.

So Kira Founder can report to Alter Records (Bajor) but NOT Disrupt Alliance ( [MQ] Bajor).

Does that help clarify?

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Got it, so Homefront's second function doesn't work at all in the Mirror universe then because there just aren't any [MQ] cards you can report. At first I was considering using it combined with Supplant Opposite, but this only provides icons for a faction, not an affiliation.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation