By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
The rules say:
Personnel cannot be downloaded as easily as other cards. When you recruit specially-picked personnel (instead of reporting personnel who are already "available" in your hand), you must locate, enlist, and reassign them to your forces — all of which takes time and effort. For this reason, you may not download personnel into play more often than once every turn.
Now, this doesn’t seem to include an exception for dilemmas my opponents face.

So if they attempt mission a, hit my Sleeper Trap and I download Cardassians, then they also attempt another mission in the same turn and hit my Scout encounter, am I unable to download personnel on that ship?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
That is correct.

This rule originates with General Quarters, which eventually became an OTF rule.

One of the best ways to thwart a mass-Sleeper Trap + Sniper deck (once you've recognized it) is to immediately attempt as many planet missions as you can in one turn, because the download limits prevents the second, third, or fourth Sleeper Trap / MACO Encounter / Klingon Patrol / etc. from working.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:45 pm That is correct.

This rule originates with General Quarters, which eventually became an OTF rule.

One of the best ways to thwart a mass-Sleeper Trap + Sniper deck (once you've recognized it) is to immediately attempt as many planet missions as you can in one turn, because the download limits prevents the second, third, or fourth Sleeper Trap / MACO Encounter / Klingon Patrol / etc. from working.
This is good and balancing!
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
^ This is very sporting of Jon to say, because he's the only person I've ever successfully pulled this trick off against. :)
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
BCSWowbagger wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 12:01 pm ^ This is very sporting of Jon to say, because he's the only person I've ever successfully pulled this trick off against. :)
MVB has done it to me as well. It is smart play. The game should reward thinking and on the fly strategy adjustment. This does that.

Also, I will always applaud good tech.

I loved the first time someone used Space Ameoba + Romulan Ambush on me. If you do smart things, I will always be happy
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]