By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
Player Alice (active, theirturn) plays Senator Letant at the ❖ Guest Quarters, and moves to the Ops of his Opponent's Terak Nor.

There is one opposing personnel there, Toran.

Alice flips over a Captured! to capture Toran, with the goal of commandeering the station.

Nathan has a Smoke Bomb in hand.

I'm not sure which of the following is valid timing or responses:
  • N must play the Smoke Bomb as soon as the Senator moves to Ops. Toran can still be captured, but the Senator cannot commandeer, because he is stopped.
  • N plays Smoke Bomb after the Senator arrives. In response, A flips Captured, captures Toran. Smoke Bomb is no longer valid because N has no personnel there.
  • N can play the Smoke Bomb in response to the reveal of Captured!. Senator is stopped, Toran is still captured. Station is not commandeered.
  • Something else
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
1) smoke bomb does nothing to stop the capture. There is nothing that prevents a stopped personel from using the text of that card.
2) because the first half of captured is not valid response to any action. the timing would be
P1) Toran moves to opps
p2) controling player has a response (could smoke bomb)
P1) Flip captured
p2) smoke bombs because person is there and not captured yet
P1) uses capture to capture (because there is no rule that says stopped people cannot activate capture cards)

No comendeering attempt can happen because Toran is stopped

So if capture was face down, there are two chances to play the bomb. if it was already face up, then there is one.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]