Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
The "Mirror" effect only goes so far. For instance, the Badlands themselves aren't a spatial anomaly full of flower petals instead of plasma storms. :wink:

In the novel-verse, Mirror Eddington does have a very different role.
Prime Minister of the near-future Federation parliamentary counterpart.

By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
In Disco it's stated that the mirror universe has been drifting farther and farther from the prime one ever since the crossover event in the 2260's (i.e. Mirror Mirror), so the logic that everything has a one-to-one counterpart holds less water the longer it is after that event. So, Trek-sense wise, there's no reason to think everything has an opposite. (If you accept Disco as canon, of course - and if you wanted an excuse for why something doesn't exist in the MU)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
That'd be a more compelling explanation if it also accounted for the IAMD event (2268 Starship Defiant crossing over to 2154 Mirror Universe. Isn't that really when things started (at least from the mirror perspective)?
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:30 pm That'd be a more compelling explanation if it also accounted for the IAMD event (2268 Starship Defiant crossing over to 2154 Mirror Universe. Isn't that really when things started (at least from the mirror perspective)?
And that's about the point where someone needs to bring in the MST3K mantra / Bellisario's Maxim. :)

By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:30 pm That'd be a more compelling explanation if it also accounted for the IAMD event (2268 Starship Defiant crossing over to 2154 Mirror Universe. Isn't that really when things started (at least from the mirror perspective)?
I read it as diverging in both directions, so forward and backward in time, like two train tracks that run in parallel for a while but split off in both directions. Though I guess Disco wasn't totally clear about where they were at their closest, just that it was sometime around then. Also possible that this is head canon and I'm just confusing things.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]