First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
I posted a thread about actions a few minutes ago. It was supposed to be posted in the Rules Committee forum, and it included a very rough and unfinished sketch of possible revisions to the action rules.

BUT I accidentally posted it here first, and left it up for about 15 minutes before I noticed my mistake. If you saw it and started reading it, um, well, nuts, but that's what happened and that's why the thread is gone now. Rest assured that the community will eventually get to take a look at all this actiony stuff the Rules people are discussing, but it will be a lot more polished and good than the mess I just put up. :)

If you did not see it... nothing to see here, these aren't the droids you're looking for, move along move along.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
anybody got a screenshot? :D
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
I, for one, thought that the inclusion of Pogs was long overdue in the ship battles timing rules.
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023
I thought you could have made it rhyme better!

Although I thought the free gift offer was incredibly generous of you!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Yeah really good job incorporating beads AND dice into the action timing rules. I think it's good to pull elements of LOTR and D&D into 1e given that we've always talked about how a game of 1e is like an episode of Star Trek, with all the role-playing AND exploration/journey elements that entails!

I especially liked that [DL] and suspends play get upgraded to a d12, as that's the most underutilized die. Way to give it some love!

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I must say the concept of incorporating all the Decipher games together is intriguing. I can't wait to report Felicity Shagwell, Frodo and Third of Five, Altruistic Individual to my Executor at Alter Records using Staging Ground.

By Jesseon (Jesse Warburton)
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Personally I'm excited for the new Traveller style of generating the Spaceline. Now the whole game can just be Mission Phase.
 -  
Community Contributor
You're all lovely people. :)

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:21 pm You're all lovely people. :)
We got yer back, Jack...err James!

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I'm thankful you'll be "cleaning it up", because I was very confused about:

- Ships tap to initiate ballet, but personnel rotate to do the same in away teams?
- Instants now use "the stack" like Magic, where it's first in-last out, but other responses like special downloads use the "Chain" where it's first in, first out". And if you are using both, that's where the d12s come in?
- If I'm playing [Kli] [OS] , and I am using a D-7 ship, all my D6 rolls for initiative get a +1? I get the flavor, but it seems contrary to the recent decisions to streamline rules....

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
boromirofborg wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 5:26 pm - If I'm playing [Kli] [OS] , and I am using a D-7 ship, all my D6 rolls for initiative get a +1? I get the flavor, but it seems contrary to the recent decisions to streamline rules....
This really gets confusing when you play with the Decius.

By sevencrdspud (Jason Beyer)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ah! The ever needed Glossary entry for the first triple personnel card George and Gracie and Baby.

#GraciesPregnant

....wait.

GEORGE AND GRACIE ARENT ROMANTIC PARTNERS?!? WHA????????
 -  
Community Contributor
sevencrdspud wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 7:29 pm Ah! The ever needed Glossary entry for the first triple personnel card George and Gracie and Baby.

#GraciesPregnant

....wait.

GEORGE AND GRACIE ARENT ROMANTIC PARTNERS?!? WHA????????
Greg Cox's The Eugenics Wars: The Rise and Fall of Khan Noonien Singh: Volume 2 reveals that it was actually a one-night stand. Gracie never felt anything for George.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I found the suggestion that to make it perfectly clear when you are moving a ship you have to imitate the "jump to warp" sound kind of silly, but cool idea none-the-less!
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]