By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
When you download a target card, you first look through any or all of four places: your hand, draw deck, Zalkonian Storage Capsule, and Q's Tent (if open).
I would suggest it also mention the Battle Bridge Side deck as a target as tactics can only be downloaded from there.

(And possibly the q-flash side deck, or Miss Q will only be able to download Q's Planet since it can go in the tent.)
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
boromirofborg wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:27 pm
When you download a target card, you first look through any or all of four places: your hand, draw deck, Zalkonian Storage Capsule, and Q's Tent (if open).
I would suggest it also mention the Battle Bridge Side deck as a target as tactics can only be downloaded from there.

(And possibly the q-flash side deck, or Miss Q will only be able to download Q's Planet since it can go in the tent.)
Need to read down to the bullet points:
A card or rule may allow or require a download from another source, such as your discard pile (Examine Singularity) or from a side deck (Storage Compartment Door; also see Tactic).
It's an 80/20 thing - if we tell you the main four places, that covers the vast majority of the downloads a player will encounter. Is it worth cluttering up an easy rule to fill in a whole bunch of weird exceptions up front?

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
good catch, and fair point about cluttering it up.

My suggestion would still be that you could change the wording to "side decks" instead of Q's Tent, future-proof the rule, stream line some of the rulings, and make it more intuitive. The only downside I can see is that a failed download means that the opponent could look thru those places to verify as well, but is that worse then now?
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 -  
Community Contributor
Interestingly, there is a discrepancy between the Rulebook and Glossary on this point, which I only recently noticed and haven't had time to fix.

The Rulebook already uses boromir's proposed explanation, and apparently has done so for years.

I'm not sure there's any practical difference between the two rules (except, as boromir said, a little more visibility on a failed download?), but obviously discrepancy between two documents is bad and should be fixed at some point. (If there IS any direct contradiction, the general rule is that the Glossary trumps the Rulebook.)

I agree with Allen re: cluttering that bullet point in the Glossary. Next Monday's rule update will include a Tactics-style allowance for downloading Q-icon cards (at least, the currently draft of the update has one), but it will (like the "Downloading Tactics" rule itself) have a very small footprint.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
I didn't actually check the rulebook (facepalm), just the glossary. Because I already knew the Glossary trumped it.. Yes, that sounds plausible. :)

Hope it doesn't feel like I'm nitpicking or being contrary. Figuring out rules quirks is fun for me. :)
 -  
Community Contributor
boromirofborg wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:30 am Hope it doesn't feel like I'm nitpicking or being contrary.
Not at all!

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
let me make sure I have the mechanics of downloading [Q] cards like with the new Q correct...........

I pick up my Q continuum side deck, and pick out any two [Q] cards that I want. When I'm done, I shuffle (do I shuffle?) the side deck, and put it back down. I then put the two cards on top, with the card I want encountered FIRST on the very top.

Then for the 4 card Q-flash, I draw the cards one at a time as my opponent encounters them. By that I mean I don't take the 4 cards off the top of the deck and set them down in front of me and flip them one by one. (This might be a completely moot point and you can just "do whatever makes you happy", but I'm not sure if there is any practical or rule ordered reason to do it one way or the other.)
 -  
Community Contributor
Takket wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:18 pm I pick up my Q continuum side deck, and pick out any two [Q] cards that I want. When I'm done, I shuffle (do I shuffle?) the side deck, and put it back down. I then put the two cards on top, with the card I want encountered FIRST on the very top.

Then for the 4 card Q-flash, I draw the cards one at a time as my opponent encounters them. By that I mean I don't take the 4 cards off the top of the deck and set them down in front of me and flip them one by one. (This might be a completely moot point and you can just "do whatever makes you happy", but I'm not sure if there is any practical or rule ordered reason to do it one way or the other.)
Looks right to me.

When you shuffle, only shuffle the face-down cards still in your Q-Continuum beneath the Q-Flash doorway, not the face-up cards atop the Q-Flash doorway.

If you draw a dilemma, opponent's crew/Away Team encounters it. If you draw any other card type, give it to your opponent, who must play it (if possible).

winterflames is right also.
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]