By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Orbin wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:03 pm Hi Ensign Q,

it looks like the card you are asking about is Treaty: Alpha Quadrant Alliance, which has "Treaty:" in the title making it a Treaty card. Following the ":" rule this card is "Treaty" and can be referenced by "Treaty" alone.

-James M
yes, but what makes it bajoran?
its not a treaty: bajoran/others
and bajoran isnt even in the lore.

By nobthehobbit (Daniel Pareja)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
If I had to guess, it's the inclusion of [Baj] in the game text as an affiliation that is allowed to work with other affiliations, but off the top of my head I can't cite a specific rule that would grant it that characteristic on that basis.

By Orbin (James Monsebroten)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Ensign Q wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:09 pm
Orbin wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 8:03 pm Hi Ensign Q,

it looks like the card you are asking about is Treaty: Alpha Quadrant Alliance, which has "Treaty:" in the title making it a Treaty card. Following the ":" rule this card is "Treaty" and can be referenced by "Treaty" alone.

-James M
yes, but what makes it bajoran?
its not a treaty: bajoran/others
and bajoran isnt even in the lore.
Ah, I missed that part. I would say that it references Bajoran in the game text, though I haven't checked any of the rules documents fro confirmation.

-James M

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Its a Bajoran Treaty because its a treaty that allows [Baj] to be compatible with some other affiliation. It is also simultaneously a Federation Treaty, a Klingon Treaty, and a Romulan Treaty as well and for the same reason.

Unlike most treaties that apply to the entire affiliation, Treaty: Alpha Quadrant Alliance only applies to [1E-DS9] segments of each affiliation.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Ensign Q wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:47 pm so the bajoran icon in the textbox is the indicator?
Yes, in Premier the verbiage was: Plays on table. Your Federation and Klingon affiliations recognize this treaty. They can now mix and cooperate. as seen on Treaty: Federation/Klingon.

A modern version of the same card would use [Fed] and [Kli] instead of spelling it out. Again though, the card in question only pertains to [1E-DS9] sections of the 4 affiliations and not the entire affiliations.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Glossary wrote:treaties
[...]

A "Federation treaty" is any treaty which includes the Federation (or [Fed]) as one of the parties. For example, Treaty: Federation/Klingon, Treaty: Alpha Quadrant Alliance, and Organian Peace Treaty are all Federation treaties as well as Klingon treaties.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation