By geraldkw
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Commandeer Ship says "Plays on your Computer Skill personnel who is aboard opponent's "empty" ship".

What does "empty" mean here?

According to the Glossary "An empty ship has no personnel or Rogue Borg aboard. "

This means Commandeer Ship can not ever work, because your personnel will need to be on the ship to meet the "personnel with Computer skill" requirement.

Is the intent that Commandeer Ship be useable only when your Computer Skill personnel is "alone"(per glossary) on the ship? Or does empty in this case just mean that your personnel on the ship are "unopposed"?

I think this needs to be changed to one or the other or the glossary changed because right now the card doesn't work if you follow the rules as written, or maybe I am misunderstanding?

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I agree it would make more sense as
personnel who is unopposed aboard opponent's ship

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
nice find.
although i never questioned the card, i agree it needs an errata
Director of Operations
By JeBuS (Brian S)
 - Director of Operations
 -  
1E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
geraldkw wrote:What does "empty" mean here?
I seem to recall this being asked somewhere recently, but I can't find where. My thought at the time was that the answer required a definition that was neither consistent with the common understanding of the word in English, nor strictly consistent with the rules.

I'll be damned if I can find where that discussion was, though.

By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
If it were printed today it would probably say "unopposed", I'd check with your TD but I don't think anyone will oppose to you playing it as though that's what it said.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
JeBuS wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:48 am
geraldkw wrote:What does "empty" mean here?
I seem to recall this being asked somewhere recently, but I can't find where. My thought at the time was that the answer required a definition that was neither consistent with the common understanding of the word in English, nor strictly consistent with the rules.

I'll be damned if I can find where that discussion was, though.
q-flash
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]