By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
HsuDoNihm wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:35 pm Does rescue captives apply to captives being held on a cloaked ship?
I believe so, RC doesn't target and personnel on cloaked ships are still affected by non-targeted effects. The only line I see that might be an issue is the following:
Rulebook wrote:Other cards may not embark or disembark from, beam on or off of, undock or dock with, or take off or land on, a cloaked card.
RC is an old card so the wording isn't as precise as modern ones, but I'm interpreting it to mean the captives are relocated, which isn't on the list above so it should be fine.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
VioletBlaze wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:11 pm
HsuDoNihm wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:35 pm Does rescue captives apply to captives being held on a cloaked ship?
I believe so, RC doesn't target and personnel on cloaked ships are still affected by non-targeted effects. The only line I see that might be an issue is the following:
Rulebook wrote:Other cards may not embark or disembark from, beam on or off of, undock or dock with, or take off or land on, a cloaked card.
RC is an old card so the wording isn't as precise as modern ones, but I'm interpreting it to mean the captives are relocated, which isn't on the list above so it should be fine.
This sounds right to me.
Executive Officer
By jadziadax8 (Maggie Geppert)
 - Executive Officer
 -  
2E North American Continental Semi-Finalist 2023
ibbles  Trek Masters Tribbles Champion 2023
2E Deep Space 9 Regional Champion 2023
It sounds like Rescue Captive might be a good candidate for an AI and general clean-up of its text.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Or banning so it doesn't hose capture decks? I didn't even realize how strong this card could be, if situational...
(kidding about the banning)
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Yup, it works on cloaked ships (it's a global, so it doesn't care where your people are, which is what cloaking protects against).

And it is crazy good, balanced by being extremely situational.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
So it's a safety valve against a capture meta. Not the worst idea. Thank Spock it doesn't have [Ref] though. If Q's Tent in the draw deck ever came back, this would be a good candidate to put in the tent.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Ahh!
So if I understand correctly, if you had Prepare the Prisoner out, then Rescue Captives wouldn't work on a cloaked ship, because the cloaked ship isn't considered to be at the location and so can't be affected. (I went back and forth on this a few times but I'm fairly certain that's correct.)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
VioletBlaze wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:29 am Ahh!
So if I understand correctly, if you had Prepare the Prisoner out, then Rescue Captives wouldn't work on a cloaked ship, because the cloaked ship isn't considered to be at the location and so can't be affected. (I went back and forth on this a few times but I'm fairly certain that's correct.)
Yeah this seems to check out. :thumbsup:
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
VioletBlaze wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:29 am Ahh!
Actually, I think it would - the rescuing part hits everyone at the location, which is specifically allowed.
Cloaked cards are affected normally by cards that do not require specific targeting.
But amusingly, if the *rescuers* are on a cloaked ship, then Prepare wouldn't be able to see them at the location
Cards aboard a cloaked card are not considered to be "here", at the location, or opposing for requirements or abilities originating outside the cloaked card.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]