By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
We Surrender!

does it play on the attacked card or at the location?

Edit: space removed from cardlink
First Edition Creative Manager
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 - First Edition Creative Manager
 -  
1E European Continental Runner-Up 2023
1E The Neutral Zone Regional Champion 2023

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KazonPADD wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:52 amLocation
Ok that's not clear at all!
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 -  
The “there” effect applies to the whole location

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Plays at start of a battle opponent initiated against your card. Cancels and prevents battles there. Up to two of your personnel involved (opponent's choice) are captured.

i read it as "There" refers to "your card"
By KazonPADD (Paddy Tye)
 -  
There and Here generally refer to entire spaceline locations, so I’m most cases “there” means the mission (or other location) where your card is.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
KazonPADD wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:28 am There and Here generally refer to entire spaceline locations, so I’m most cases “there” means the mission (or other location) where your card is.
I think the confusion comes from the fact that the interrupt doesn't have a stated landing spot (plays on a ship/ location/ table/etc.), which would imply it's discarded, but does have a countdown box, which implies it's supposed to stay in play.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
I'll admit I got the intent of the card when I first saw it ("there" referring to the mission), but in retrospect, it's almost PAQ level of ambiguity in the wording. I could make a case of "there" referring to the ship or crew that surrenders instead.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
KazonPADD wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:28 am There and Here generally refer to entire spaceline locations, so I’m most cases “there” means the mission (or other location) where your card is.
okay, but it doesnt play on a location. it kinda targets the card, as its the only thing "there" refers to, so when the card moves or discards, so does the effect

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
It also doesn't help that if the cancelled battle is at a site, there means the site and not the location.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
It doesn't play on anything. It plays at the start of battle. Alas, Poor Queen doesn't play on a Borg Queen ('cause she dead by that point), All Threesdoesn't play on your draw deck, Anti-Matter Spread doesn't play on any specific opponent's ship. Attack Pattern Delta doesn't play on a Tac Console or a BBD. I Do Not Take Orders From You doesn't play on all your Treachery x2 personnel, Inside Operation doesn't play on your infiltrator. Some of these play in the liminal space where interrupts materialize ("the table"? sounds odd but seems right). Some of them play "at" a battle, which one might argue means the specific location, not "the table".

Either way, it's not playing on any specific ship, facility, personnel, crew, away team, or equipment involved in the battle.

Its effect is to prevent battle at the entire location for the reason Paddy stated. It's neither a facility, nor a site, nor a card that plays on a facility or site (see above), so when it says "there," it means "at the location of the battle."

Y'all looking for a loophole, and I admire that, but I don't believe there's any loopholes here. And I am pleased to hear that you all at least understood the intent out of the gate. :)

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:22 am It doesn't play on anything. It plays at the start of battle. Alas, Poor Queen doesn't play on a Borg Queen ('cause she dead by that point), All Threesdoesn't play on your draw deck, Anti-Matter Spread doesn't play on any specific opponent's ship. Attack Pattern Delta doesn't play on a Tac Console or a BBD. I Do Not Take Orders From You doesn't play on all your Treachery x2 personnel, Inside Operation doesn't play on your infiltrator. Some of these play in the liminal space where interrupts materialize ("the table"? sounds odd but seems right). Some of them play "at" a battle, which one might argue means the specific location, not "the table".

Either way, it's not playing on any specific ship, facility, personnel, crew, away team, or equipment involved in the battle.

Its effect is to prevent battle at the entire location for the reason Paddy stated. It's neither a facility, nor a site, nor a card that plays on a facility or site (see above), so when it says "there," it means "at the location of the battle."

Y'all looking for a loophole, and I admire that, but I don't believe there's any loopholes here. And I am pleased to hear that you all at least understood the intent out of the gate. :)

None of the Interrupts you listed have a countdown icon so they don't need to stay in play. They happen, then they're discarded.

But find me an example of a card with a countdown icon that doesn't play on *something* even if that something is just "on table"
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Armus wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:35 amNone of the Interrupts you listed have a countdown icon so they don't need to stay in play. They happen, then they're discarded.
Three of the cards I listed stay in play: Attack Pattern Delta (until the end of the battle, which as you know can involve many many many actions), Anti-Matter Spread (until end of battle for first function, or until end of turn -- exactly like We Surrender!--for second function), and Inside Operation (until end of battle). Cold Warriors runs until end of turn.

Beyond that, I think Fitting In arguably plays on the skill recipient, but you could make a case for the skill donor or for neither of them (that's end of turn as well). Vulcan Nerve Pinch has an effective countdown of [2] and doesn't play on any specific card (although -- as with many of these--I'd probably put it on the affected cards as a marker).

Those aren't countdowns specifically, but they are all persistent effects, which I think covers your objection.

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
so cd1 is suppose to mean. until eot now?
i still dont think the card works, but im not looking for loopholes?
pretty sure it needs "on table"/a location if you use cds. every other card does
as it makes it a "permanent" now.

see End Transmission

design kinda outsmarted themselves here
stop messing with established game terms pls

By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
BCSWowbagger wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:45 am
Those aren't countdowns specifically, but they are all persistent effects, which I think covers your objection.
it doesnt
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation