By Ensign Q
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:45 pm
Ensign Q wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:39 pm where are those different things on the keyboard?
space hyphen space is a dash?
depends - did you want an en dash or an em dash?

Seriously - this gets *super* into the weeds of grammar and type-setting - it's like the literary equivalent of action timing.

The link I gave is probably the simplest answer someone *can* give that doesn't point you at a proper Style Guide.
i kinda get the grammar, but its not about that. its more about identifying what is used on a card.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I posed this question in the gameplay forum and the consensus was that the dash in this instance acted as a colon. I believe they said enterprise b personnel could benefit from finest crew.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Can I get an official ruling on this? I asked once and the answer in the Gameplay forum is that personnel that have the "enterprise-x" counted for Finest Crew. Is that the case or is it not the case. At the time, there was a background discussion, I think, because it was before Make a Difference Again was released and it didn't effect enough personnel to matter...but now it becomes fairly important.

Can I report D.C. Franklin with Finest Crew in the Fleet?

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
stressedoutatumc wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:28 pm Can I get an official ruling on this? I asked once and the answer in the Gameplay forum is that personnel that have the "enterprise-x" counted for Finest Crew. Is that the case or is it not the case. At the time, there was a background discussion, I think, because it was before Make a Difference Again was released and it didn't effect enough personnel to matter...but now it becomes fairly important.

No. U.S.S. Enterprise and U.S.S. Enterprise-B are two different things.

I believe this falls under the "context is for kings" rule.

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:30 pm
stressedoutatumc wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:28 pm Can I get an official ruling on this? I asked once and the answer in the Gameplay forum is that personnel that have the "enterprise-x" counted for Finest Crew. Is that the case or is it not the case. At the time, there was a background discussion, I think, because it was before Make a Difference Again was released and it didn't effect enough personnel to matter...but now it becomes fairly important.

No. U.S.S. Enterprise and U.S.S. Enterprise-B are two different things.

Thanks! Appreciate it.

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
In a dream world where there was infinite resources for this game, I'd love for the U.S.S. Enterprise to get the "IKS" treatment and be renamed to the U.S.S. Enterprise-D and *that* would help eliminate this.

(And it would open design space for there to actually be something that cares about being Enterprise related AND Enterprise-D related since both are kinda things in universe.)
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
I always file it in the same bucket as "Exobiology does not count as Biology".

- Beta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:04 pm
I always file it in the same bucket as "Exobiology does not count as Biology".
But, for arguments sake:

Biology-Exo
Biology-Endo
Vulcan Observation icons

That's what I thought. I think the card may not b[…]

New Tribbles are coming! Look busy! https://www.t[…]

You will need one more thing for this - compatibil[…]

Online CM RELEASE TOURNAMENT

Congrats to Mugato for going 4-0 in the tournament[…]