By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Just opinion:

It would be which ever was played first.

P1: I Initiate battle at Khitomer with my away team.
P1: I play I do not take orders there as my "Just" action. (Resolve [1E-Int] )
P2: I play Honor challenge there as my "just" action. (Resolve [1E-Int] )
Battle continues.

As long as you haven't started the pairing you have a "just" window. If you start pairing then remember you have a just action, it is too late.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Ensign Q wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:34 pm thanks, but opinions are not exactly what i need here ;)
His opinion is rules-based. Whoever gets the first response action get to play their interrupt. If the interrupt isn't countered, then it resolves and a bunch of people die. Then if there's any valid targets for the second interrupt, it gets played next and - again, assuming it isn't countered, a whole bunch more people die.

I'm not sure exactly what you're up to, but it sounds fun whatever it is!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
You could look in the rule book?
The Clarifications: Valid responses part of it is helpful? It gives examples.

It is also what my opinion is based on.

Only I mixed up who's Just happens first. Apparently p2's would be first.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
winterflames wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:59 pm And, rereading the cards, only Honor challenge is a "Just" action. So I guess it would hit first no matter what.
Huh. That's interesting. So the "just" phase of responses has to fully resolve before "start of battle" responses can happen?

Are there really two timing windows here or are these wordings just different ways of the same thing?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
I mean, it could just be Decipher giving up at the end of the run? I do not take is a Movies set card, and Honor Challenge is a Premiere card.

But based on this:
"Just" Responses
Some cards specify that they are played or used "just" after an action is initiated or resolved (usually with a phrase like "just initiated", "just played", "just completed", "just encountered", and so forth). These responses, which are called "just" actions or "just" responses, automatically take precedence over all other responses, overriding the normal alternation between players.
It kinda has to say "just" to be a just action.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
winterflames wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:36 pm I mean, it could just be Decipher giving up at the end of the run? I do not take is a Movies set card, and Honor Challenge is a Premiere card.

But based on this:
"Just" Responses
Some cards specify that they are played or used "just" after an action is initiated or resolved (usually with a phrase like "just initiated", "just played", "just completed", "just encountered", and so forth). These responses, which are called "just" actions or "just" responses, automatically take precedence over all other responses, overriding the normal alternation between players.
It kinda has to say "just" to be a just action.
Sure. But at the same time, the action being "just initiated" is a battle. Similar to start of turn actions, I would think that start of battle stuff is part of the initiation step. Maybe it's pedantry, maybe it's PAQ-era wording wonkiness, maybe it's something else, but if the thing being initiated at the battle, then having de facto multiple start of battle action phases strikes me as unnecessarily complicated and kind of dumb.

@BCSWowbagger any insights on this? There's gotta be some relevant rules history on this dichotomy...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Earlier in the link it is said thusly:
When Responses Happen
Every action consists of an initiation followed by a resolution. During the initiation, the action is announced. If necessary, relevant cards are played, targets are chosen, and costs are paid. Valid responses take place immediately after the initiation. After all responses (if any) are resolved, the action proceeds to its resolution. During the resolution, the action finally takes effect within the game. Lastly, "just" responses to the resolution may take place (see "just" responses below).
And also:
Any number of "just" responses may be taken in response to a given trigger. However, once a non-"just" response or a new action has been taken, no more "just" responses may be made.
So I am thinking that a "Just" action is the 1E version of Magic's Split Second. The end of the stack, until the Just is resolved.

But I am happy to be corrected by rules?

By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
winterflames wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:02 pm So I am thinking that a "Just" action is the 1E version of Magic's Split Second. The end of the stack, until the Just is resolved.

But I am happy to be corrected by rules?
I'd say if you wanted a more direct analog, it would be "Suspends Play". But the timing rules are very different between the two games so I try not to draw comparisons lest they lead to the wrong conclusions.

First: Saru Last: Burnham I think @jadziadax[…]

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]