Two questions about when I use Ops to "download to an unopposed site on this station one card which may play there."

First, can the downloaded card be a card that is able to report to the site only because of a card that is not a site. For example, if I have Hagath at Quark's Bar, I could play a Breen CRM114 from my hand at Quarks because Hagath is there and he's an arms dealer. May I download the CRM114 instead? I feel like the answer should be "yes." Especially because of cards like Weapons Locker seem like they should allow me to download a disruptor or phaser using Ops.

Second, can the downloaded card be a card that is able to play at the site because I am playing it on a card that is at that site? For example, if I have a freighter docked at my docking ports, could I download System 5 Disruptors or Tactical Console on the freighter?

I feel like, again, the answer should be yes based on the "here" and "present" sections of the Rulebook:
Your crews and Away Teams are present with other cards (such as Duck Blind or opposing Away Teams) that are on the same ship, inside the same facility (at the same site, if any),
That is, it should be OK to download Tactical Console because once it is downloaded it is "present" with my docking ports.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
The Ops Glossary entry actually has an answer to this one!
A "card which may play there" is one which is allowed to play there by the text of the destination site (e.g., Security Office, "SECURITY-classification personnel and hand weapons may report here"), or by its own text (e.g., Weapons Locker "plays on ... Security Office"). If an additional card is required to allow the card to play there, it may not be downloaded (even if the additional card is present). For example, you may not download a non-SECURITY Bajoran to Security Office even if The Emissary is there; you may not download a Breen CRM114 to the Security Office even if a Breen or arms dealer is there.
When Ops was last reprinted, Rules tried to figure out a way to squeeze some form of this clarification onto the card itself, but it's a complicated clarification and there's no dang room for it on Ops: Mirror Universe, so we left it as a Glossary ruling.
Question for noob

You can use Defend Homeworld instead of Quark's[…]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]