First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
Dunnagh wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:06 pm I also lean towards "no" because if you do something INSTEAD of one thing, you´re not doing that thing... but then again, this is 1E ;)
That's my thought as well - you didn't play a ship as your normal card play. You used your normal card play to download a ship.

EDIT: Was editing to fix a typo, but realized I could and should be clearer. Strictly speaking, you're using your normal card play to activate the text of a card in play. The fact that you ended up with a ship at the end is incidental.

In the same way that when you convert a draw into a download, you didn't draw a card, even if that download ended up in your hand. (And you don't *want* it to count as a draw, because then Subspace Schism would be a valid response... bwa ha ha.)
Last edited by AllenGould on Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
AllenGould wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:10 pm
Dunnagh wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:06 pm I also lean towards "no" because if you do something INSTEAD of one thing, you´re not doing that thing... but then again, this is 1E ;)
That's my thought as well - you didn't play a ship as your normal card play. You used your normal card play to download a ship.

In the same way that when you convert a draw into a download, you didn't draw a card, even if that download ended up in your hand. (And you don't *want* it to count as a draw, because then Subspace Schism work be a valid response... bwa ha ha.)
Just me speaking for myself, but this seems right. There's no official ruling on it, but that's how I read the grammar of it.
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]