By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Should Orbital Weapons Platform do any damage if you don't have a battle bridge side deck opened? The [Flip] [Flip] is default damage, but is this particular instance "a spelling out of the damage" or "an example of inconsistent use of reminder text?"

I guess what I am asking is, how quickly did the current glossary entry become needed?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
winterflames wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 7:57 pm Should Orbital Weapons Platform do any damage if you don't have a battle bridge side deck opened? The [Flip] [Flip] is default damage, but is this particular instance "a spelling out of the damage" or "an example of inconsistent use of reminder text?"
To your first question: no. To your second question: it's a spelling out of the damage.

Relevant rulebook:
If your opponent is using rotation damage, you are immune to any effects that would allow your opponent to [Down] or [Flip] your ships or facilities (such as Federation Flagship: Relaunched, HQ: Orbital Weapons Platform, or Breen CRM-114). No player may use both rotation damage and tactics damage during the same game under any circumstances.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
It just happens to be the same damage as "default damage", but it's spelled out to tell you how much damage it does.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]