By skrilmps
 -  
For dual-affiliation personnel, is the order of affiliations important?

Take Chakotay for example. https://www.trekcc.org/1e/index.php?cardID=806

There are two versions, one which is Federation first (blue background) and Non-aligned second, and one that is Non-aligned first (gold background) and Federation second.

Is there any in-game difference between these two cards?
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
skrilmps wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:50 pm Is there any in-game difference between these two cards?
None whatsoever.

Welcome!
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:15 pm Not for that pair, but the reprints in Identity Crisis count as virtual cards, but most originals are just traditional.
Does Traditional format not accept any version of a card that was printed?

By SudenKapala (Suden Käpälä)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:20 pm
eberlems wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:15 pm Not for that pair, but the reprints in Identity Crisis count as virtual cards, but most originals are just traditional.
Perhaps Eberlems means, for purposes like Achievements and such?

And hi, @skrilmps! Well come. :)

Do you want to tell something about yourself? How you came to know the game, when, and what your goals and hopes are, for your gameplay? Do you have a local playgroup, or want to play online (Lackey)? What is the name of your favourite pet? ( :mrgreen: )
Only answer what you like. Nothing's obligatory. I'm just a curious person. 8)

By skrilmps
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:37 pm
eberlems wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:15 pm Do you want to tell something about yourself? How you came to know the game, when, and what your goals and hopes are, for your gameplay? Do you have a local playgroup, or want to play online (Lackey)? What is the name of your favourite pet? ( :mrgreen: )
I appreciate the interest! I'm a lifelong "Trekkie" and in the early/mid-90's I was an avid Magic: TG player, so when I discovered the Star Trek CCG in the late 90's it was a match made in heaven. I did most of my card collecting in the early 2000's. I only played very little back then and certainly never played in a tournament or anything like that.

I recently got my collection out again and have been going through every card I'd collected, re-learning the rules, and thinking about putting together a deck for the first time in almost 20 years. :D I'm planning to rope my local board game group friends into playing with me after I make a couple of decks.

I would like to build a few decks out of the cards I've collected (without proxies) just for nostalgia's sake, and play those with my friends. After I've re-acquainted myself with the game, I'm planning to start delving into all of the virtual sets that have been released. There is so much out there now! It's very exciting that this game is still alive and going strong.

Thank you for the warm welcome. :D

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Thanks for all that, @skrilmps! Nice to get to know you.
Your story eerily mirrors my own -- except:
- that I found STCCG in '95;
- I got in a considerable number of friendly (also, no tourney) games back then;
- I've always kept browsing my 'singles collection' binders on a regular basis; and
- once in a while kept tinkering at my handful of decks and trying to recruit people -- to little avail. In 2014, however, this took a larger flight; and in 2016 I landed here, and while I've been "away on extended errands*", I've never truly left anymore.

(*: Something to do with a Necromancer lurking about near Dol Guldur.)

For the rest (collection era, nostalgia, Magic and all), it's a copy-paste of your biography. 8)

I have archived a bunch of Decipher-only ("Traditional") decks ( [Fed] [1E-Fer] [Dom] [Bor] [Kli] [1E-Rom] [Baj] [Car] ) which are very basic and not at all competitive (I play only with doubles and my collection is on the small side); no play/draw engines to speak of. But I had a lot of fun playing them casually. If you like to at least have a framework for personnel (skill sets) versus mission req's (and no overlapping missions), you can find the topic about them via the FAQ section. (Or I can post a link, if you want, later edit: here.)

But if you have no trouble building your decks (with the wonderful online deck buikder on this site!), you might find you don't need any support from my side, and are probably better off for it. :thumbsup: :wink:
Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
SudenKapala wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:37 pm
Perhaps Eberlems means, for purposes like Achievements and such?

And hi, @skrilmps! Well come. :)

Do you want to tell something about yourself? How you came to know the game, when, and what your goals and hopes are, for your gameplay? Do you have a local playgroup, or want to play online (Lackey)? What is the name of your favourite pet? ( :mrgreen: )
Well, there are sometimes events that have limited card pools like only traditional. Some achievements also check for similar... only 2E does: They Make Virtual Cards Now?! I Printed My Whole Deck!

By skrilmps
 -  
SudenKapala wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:48 am For the rest (collection era, nostalgia, Magic and all), it's a copy-paste of your biography. 8)
I'm really glad to hear that I've found some like-minded folks! It is always a great stroke of luck when that happens!
SudenKapala wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:48 am I have archived a bunch of Decipher-only ("Traditional") decks ( [Fed] [1E-Fer] [Dom] [Bor] [Kli] [1E-Rom] [Baj] [Car] ) which are very basic and not at all competitive (I play only with doubles and my collection is on the small side); no play/draw engines to speak of. But I had a lot of fun playing them casually. If you like to at least have a framework for personnel (skill sets) versus mission req's (and no overlapping missions), you can find the topic about them via the FAQ section. (Or I can post a link, if you want, later edit: here.)

But if you have no trouble building your decks (with the wonderful online deck buikder on this site!), you might find you don't need any support from my side, and are probably better off for it. :thumbsup: :wink:
These are perfect! I plan to put some of them together to teach my friends (and myself) how to play.

I'm especially grateful for a traditional Borg deck. The Borg is something I collected back in the early 2000's (I bought a box of boosters in or around 2004) but never actually put a deck together. It will be great to see how a Borg deck works, and one that I can build (mostly) from my own card collection, too. Likewise for the Dominion and others. Thank you!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
skrilmps wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 3:33 pm These are perfect! I plan to put some of them together to teach my friends (and myself) how to play.
That (and the rest) means a lot, thanks. :) :thumbsup: Don't hesitate to gather and/or leave any criticism, feedback, or game/deck comments in this topic, or in the TOT deck thread. If you want. (It can help me, or others who pick up those decks.)

If you have questions -- and you'll have them! This is First Edition! :lol: -- be sure / feel free to post them! (And remember: you're playing Open format with these decks. Traditional cards, no ban list, and vintage rules.)

Have fun! :cheersL:
Question for noob

That's the question. The Isolinear Rods downloads […]

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]