By skrilmps
 -  
Suppose I build a Delta Quadrant deck with the Voyager crew and I want to go to the Alpha Quadrant to attempt some missions. What are my options for getting there?

So far I've seen Barzan Wormhole (plus the Wormhole Negotiations mission) as an option of setting up a doorway to and from the Delta Quadrant, and Quantum Slipstream Drive which will transport you one-way.

Are there other methods?
Last edited by skrilmps on Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By skrilmps
 -  
Armus wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 12:44 pm Set a Course for Home
Cool, thanks! I have two questions about this card:

1) It requires Earth to be on the spaceline. Is any Sector 001 mission acceptable (like Reunion or Battle of Sector 001) or does it have to specifically be Earth (like Espionage Mission)?

2) It gives requirements for completing a mission but it doesn't say the point value for completing the mission. When it refers to "this mission" is it just referring to the Earth mission that it has been played on, and therefore is just providing an alternative means for completing the already-existing mission?

By boromirofborg (Trek Barnes)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
1E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E North American Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
skrilmps wrote:[quote=Armus post_id=575399 time=<a href="tel:1650127459" data-original-title="" title="">1650127459</a> user_id=200]
Set a Course for Home
Cool, thanks! I have two questions about this card:

1) It requires Earth to be on the spaceline. Is any Sector 001 mission acceptable (like Reunion or Battle of Sector 001) or does it have to specifically be Earth (like Espionage Mission)?

2) It gives requirements for completing a mission but it doesn't say the point value for completing the mission. When it refers to "this mission" is it just referring to the Earth mission that it has been played on, and therefore is just providing an alternative means for completing the already-existing mission?[/quote]

1. - Yes, must be one of the actual Earth missions

2. Correct, it replaces the requirements of earth, but leaves the points the same.

By jrch5618
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
One clarification - it has to be an Alpha Quadrant Earth. The Mirror Earth can't be used due to a rule that says that location names are always the Alpha versions unless the [MQ] icon is on the card.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
jrch5618 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:35 am One clarification - it has to be an Alpha Quadrant Earth. The Mirror Earth can't be used due to a rule that says that location names are always the Alpha versions unless the [MQ] icon is on the card.
In other words, you can use Espionage Mission or Research Devastating Attack but you may not use Monitor Population as it is [MQ]

Also keep in mind that in OTF, Espionage Mission is fairly easy to have stolen by your opponent since it's 40 points, whereas Research Devastating attack cannot be stolen in OTF.

Additionally, both are homeworlds, and either can be assimilated if facing [Bor]. Fortunately, their assimilation will not prevent you from moving from the [1E-DQ]. Since there is currently no [SF] counterpart, and you are not playing [SF] it is pretty much impossible for your [Bor] opponent to target Research Devastating Attack as a homeworld, let alone to Stop First Contact on it. Espionage Mission however is very easy to assimilate as a homeworld or to Stop First Contact on as there are 2 [Fed] counterparts, so they don't even need your help. While an assimilated Homeworld won't wreck your day since your primary reporting engine is to U.S.S. Voyager, and not an outpost, Stop First Contact most certainly will. Also remember that Home Away From Home only allows reporting while in the [1E-DQ], so once you leave you the [1E-DQ] , you cannot report more [1E-DQ] [Fed]'s to it. You will probably need to mix in some [AQ] [Fed], which is where Assimilate Homeworld causes you problems.

Bottom line, IMHO use Research Devastating Attack and not Espionage Mission. It's still a Sector 001 mission, so you can seed another Sector 001 mission (I'd recommend Overhaul Starship Systems since it is only span 2and you are probably not attempting it anyway) next to it guaranteed, and you can plop a [Fed] outpost on it in case you do need to supplement your [1E-DQ] [Fed]. Yes you sacrifice, seeding Office of the President (see below), but it's probably be worth it to protect yourself.

From the Rulebook:
Headquarters are the centers of government located on each affiliation's homeworld.

- Gamma Quadrant
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Professor Scott wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 9:39 am
jrch5618 wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 4:35 am One clarification - it has to be an Alpha Quadrant Earth. The Mirror Earth can't be used due to a rule that says that location names are always the Alpha versions unless the [MQ] icon is on the card.
In other words, you can use Espionage Mission or Research Devastating Attack but you may not use Monitor Population as it is [MQ]

Also keep in mind that in OTF, Espionage Mission is fairly easy to have stolen by your opponent since it's 40 points, whereas Research Devastating attack cannot be stolen in OTF.

Additionally, both are homeworlds, and either can be assimilated if facing [Bor]. Fortunately, their assimilation will not prevent you from moving from the [1E-DQ]. Since there is currently no [SF] counterpart, and you are not playing [SF] it is pretty much impossible for your [Bor] opponent to target Research Devastating Attack as a homeworld, let alone to Stop First Contact on it. Espionage Mission however is very easy to assimilate as a homeworld or to Stop First Contact on as there are 2 [Fed] counterparts, so they don't even need your help. While an assimilated Homeworld won't wreck your day since your primary reporting engine is to U.S.S. Voyager, and not an outpost, Stop First Contact most certainly will. Also remember that Home Away From Home only allows reporting while in the [1E-DQ], so once you leave you the [1E-DQ] , you cannot report more [1E-DQ] [Fed]'s to it. You will probably need to mix in some [AQ] [Fed], which is where Assimilate Homeworld causes you problems.

Bottom line, IMHO use Research Devastating Attack and not Espionage Mission. It's still a Sector 001 mission, so you can seed another Sector 001 mission (I'd recommend Overhaul Starship Systems since it is only span 2and you are probably not attempting it anyway) next to it guaranteed, and you can plop a [Fed] outpost on it in case you do need to supplement your [1E-DQ] [Fed]. Yes you sacrifice, seeding Office of the President (see below), but it's probably be worth it to protect yourself.

From the Rulebook:
Headquarters are the centers of government located on each affiliation's homeworld.
Bad advice. Research Devastating Attack is not a [Fed] Homeworld, it is the [SF] Homeworld and you can't stop first contact with Locutus because you first complete scouting with him and A. Homeworld at starfleet earth.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
That's what I said... Espionage Mission is the [Fed] Homeworld and Research Devastating Attack is the [SF] one. Since there is no [SF] counterpart, and since they will be playing with [1E-DQ] [Fed] and possible [AQ] [Fed] , then a potential [Bor] player can't make a [SF] Counterpart, ergo Research Devastaing Attack can't be targeted by Assimilate Homeworld, thus it can't be targeted with Stop First Contact. And since it IS a homeworld, it can't be targeted by Assimilate Planet either.

What I guess was unclear is that it would be safer against a potential [Bor] player to seed Research Devastating Attack instead of Espionage Mission. it does come with a cost of not being able to seed Office of the President, but I personally think it's worth it to be safer.

Edit: so I guess what you are saying is that Locutus of Borg counts a matching for both [Fed] and [SF] homeworlds? Personally, I think that is trash from a gamer perspective even if it makes Treksense. If Data of Borg counts a a counterpart for [Fed] then he also should count for [SF] by the same logic, but he is not Human, so he shouldn't even count for either.

If so, then I guess then you have to weigh the option of seeding Office of the President at EM and the risk of it being stolen by a non- [Bor] player against not seeding OotP but no risk to your Earth mission being stolen with RDA.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
eberlems wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:27 pm https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_rulebook/G ... homeworlds lists the missions and what homeworld they are.
Thanks, but I wasn't confused about which homeworld was which. I think @Hoss-Drone just misunderstood my earlier post (it was rather wordy), but since I guess Locutus of Borg counts as matching for both Earths, most of my original points are moot. It boils down to the option of seeding Office of the President at Espionage Mission and the risk of it being stolen by a non- [Bor] player against not seeding OotP but no risk to your Earth mission being stolen with Research Devastating Attack.

With EM and OotP you are at risk regardless of what opponent plays, [Bor] or not, but with RDA you are are risk just to [Bor], but you loose the Free Play options of OotP.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Locutus is not a matching counterpart for Earth. His lore says Federation. That's who he is the counterpart for. And the Federation's Homeworld is Espionage Mission.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
I think I missed something...

Locutus is a valid matching Counterpart for a Starfleet Earth?! Since when?

Somebody is gonna have to walk me through the math on that one...

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Armus wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:04 pm I think I missed something...

Locutus is a valid matching Counterpart for a Starfleet Earth?! Since when?

Somebody is gonna have to walk me through the math on that one...
Well that is what @Hoss-Drone seemed to be implying by saying that it was bad advise to suggest RDA over EM for the Earth for Set A Course For Home. If not then I have no idea what he was talking about by saying my advise was bad. Ok, then I refer back to my earlier post and RDA is definitely the better choice because it can neither be stolen nor assimilated since the [Bor] has no built in [SF] Counterpart and the [1E-DQ] [Fed] player will have no [SF] to assimilate. Hoss-Drone, can you better defend your position on why suggesting RDA is the better choice than EM for Earth in this case?

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
Hoss-Drone wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:18 pm I was on some strong pain meds yesterday and misread the post. I retract my entire post.
I half wondered that, but I also knew you know [Bor] far better than me, so I was prepared for some schoolin'. Hopefully, you took no offense to anything I said.

Just to clarify for those reading, Locutus of Borg and Data of Borg are [Fed] counterparts only, and not [SF] counterparts.
Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]

Hey all, we are running a "Warum-up" fo[…]