By aabecame
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
Question
I have Professor Moriarty & Regina Bartholomew in play with the Data & Geordi under Baker Street.
When I play Data & Geordi does that count as my additional unique personnel for free seeing as they are duel personnel or is Data free Geordy follows and then I get to play an additional personnel?

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
aabecame wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:38 am Question
I have Professor Moriarty & Regina Barthalomew in play with the Data & Geordi under Baker Street.
When I play Data & Geordi does that count as my additional unique personnel for free seeing as they are duel personnel or is Data free Geordy follows and then I get to play an additional personnel?
... Play Data and Geordie second, then the ride along effect negates the question.
Last edited by winterflames on Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
winterflames wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 3:22 pm
aabecame wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:38 am Question
I have Professor Moriarty & Regina Bartholomew in play with the Data & Geordi under Baker Street.
... Play Data and Geordie second, then the ride along effect negates the question.
Well played, but it still deserves an answer about what happens if you forget and play them first.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Here's my answer.

Fuck all dual personnel and the Rules baggage they rode in on!

I'm not sure that answer is particularly helpful, but I assure you that it's quite sincere! :P

By Professor Scott (Mathew McCalpin)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Trailblazer
1E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
Armus wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 5:18 pm Here's my answer.

Fuck all dual personnel and the Rules baggage they rode in on!

I'm not sure that answer is particularly helpful, but I assure you that it's quite sincere! :P
Two-che'

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Regina actually says "If with Professor Moriarty, copies of your unique personnel under
Holoprogram: 221B Baker Street may report for free (twice each turn)."
So she allows a "copy" of a card to play for free. Not two personnel per turn, 2 cards per turn.

Dual personnel are a single card, and a single play. Shouldn't matter what order.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
winterflames wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:42 pm Regina actually says "If with Professor Moriarty, copies of your unique personnel under
Holoprogram: 221B Baker Street may report for free (twice each turn)."
So she allows a "copy" of a card to play for free. Not two personnel per turn, 2 cards per turn.

Dual personnel are a single card, and a single play. Shouldn't matter what order.
This would be pretty airtight if she said play for free instead of report for free.

Cards play. Personnel report.

A dual personnel card play is still two personnel reporting, so to me this is a really good question with a not-at-all clear answer.

As such, I refer you back to my previous post upthread.
Online OP Coordinator
By pfti (Jon Carter)
 - Online OP Coordinator
 -  
2E Cardassia Regional Champion 2023
I would tend to agree with Brian, also the download precedent suggests that you have to count both towards any limit
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation