By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Holosuite reads:
This site must be placed adjacent to Quark's Bar (or another Holosuite).
Is this merely an instruction on how the sites should be arranged that is similar to the language on Commander's Office that "This site is always the "innermost" site of any Nor (may not separate Ops from any other site)"?

Or does the statement that the site "must be placed adjacent to Quark's Bar (or another Holosuite)" mean you can't place the site at all on the station unless there's already a copy of Quark's Bar or another Holosuite (with Quark's Bar having to have been played to play the first Holosuite).

Quark's is so obviously one of the best sites in the game, that it's usually present on any station where you could play a Holosuite, and I've never seen a Holosuite played without Quark's. However, I have seen decks without Quark's and with a Holosuite, like this one https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/ind ... ckID=25104.

Also, I believe that while you can play Quark's Bar on Mirror Terok Nor using the station's game text, this does not extend to Holosuites. (Again, there are decks posted that seem to suggest otherwise.)

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
You're quite right, of course. I hadn't noticed, because I knew community leader gives you both Quark's and a Holosuite. I failed to cosndier that since a holosuite only runs 1 holoprogram at a time, you might actually want two!
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote: Sat May 07, 2022 7:37 am In that deck is a seeded Community Leader that may dl Quark's Bar. Not sure how the timing works on that.
Since it gives you both, I assume you download the Bar, and now you have an adjacent site to download the Holosuite to.

Never thought too hard about Holosuites before, but I don't see any rulings to contradict the plain reading of "you can't have a suite unless you have a Bar".
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]