By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Hi guys,

question ...

I have a hologram on a ship NOT equipped with a holodeck, but I have a Mobile Holo-Emitter on the same ship.

Can I activate the hologram 'with' the emitter, so to say?

Or do I need a place with a holodeck in order to even use the mobile holo-emitter and put it on my hologram?

By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
I had to look for a while and actually had started out typing out the opposite answer, but I gave the rulebook another read and discovered this sidebar:
Rulebook sidebar "Clarification: Allowing Holograms to "Exist" Elsewhere wrote: If a card (like Holo-Projectors or Holographic Settlement) allows holograms to "exist," without specifying that they be activated or deactivated, holograms present may exist in either state. Mobile Holo-Emitter also allows this.
So there you go, the answer is "yes". Though you can't report them to a place if the MHE is the only thing letting the card exist there, you still need a valid reporting site for that. But a deactivated hologram can still "carry" the MHE. Here's the full glossary entry:
Glossary: "Mobile Holo-Emitter" wrote:This Equipment card may be placed on a deactivated (disabled) holographic personnel. It is still being "worn" even if the hologram is deactivated. "While worn, does not count as an Equipment card" means it cannot be targeted as an Equipment card (e.g., it is immune to Disruptor Overload, Common Thief, stealing, etc.).

A hologram cannot "put on" a Mobile Holo-Emitter while reporting, but must first report to a place where it can exist, then put on the Mobile Holo-Emitter. You may not voluntarily remove a Mobile Holo-Emitter from a personnel if this would cause them to stop existing.

By VioletBlaze (Violet Edgar)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
Dukat wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 2:11 pm So if I report/download a hologram to a ship without holodeck: It can exist there, but not be deactivated.

So I could 'activate' it with a mobile emitter there?
That would be my reading, yes.

By sekce31
 - Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I have a question considering Mobile Holo-Emitter and all those Voyager Alpha Quadrant decks. Eg.:

- https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/?mo ... ckID=25598
- https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/?mo ... ckID=25664
- https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/?mo ... ckID=27103
- https://www.trekcc.org/1e/decklists/?mo ... ckID=31645

They all report delta quadrant personnel through Full Complement of Shuttles. They all contain The Doctor in the draw deck and Mobile Holo-Emitter in the Q-Tent. How can this work? If I understand correctly you can only report holograms to ships with holodeck and only after that you can download the Emitter. Or if I report the shuttle to Voyager (which has holodeck) this does also alow to have a hologram reported to the shuttle? Or are these decks wrongly build? Or do I miss something?

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
In response to the recent question, The Doctor reports deactivate, is beamed to voyager and is activated by a personnel who is present. He can then [DL] the emitter and wear it.

He can also report using Nanoprobe Resuscitation in these decks. That is, you discard him using Process ore: Mining, then report him to your [SCC] Borg.

Also, I want to be sure we all understand what the OP means by the verb "activate."

If the hologram is deactivated the emitter may not perform the action of activating the hologram -- only a personnel can perform that function.
Rulebook:
A [Holo] hologram may report activated, if possible. Otherwise, a hologram reports deactivated; it may be activated (even on the same turn) by any of your unstopped personnel present (even an activated hologram).
The hologram may exist on your ship, so as long as you had a mechanism to report the hologram directly aboard the ship (Home Away from Home seems to be the card that comes to mind, although Equinox and Voyage both have Holodecks, so we would have to be talking about an a-typical use of the card), but you then need another personnel present to activate the hologram.

I'm not sure about the deactivated hologram "wearing" the emitter while deactivated with no other personnel around. A deactivated hologram can't take any actions and so should not be able to perform the action of starting to "wear" the emitter.

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
You can report/have a [Holo] aboard any ship or facility (if allowed). They just won’t be activated unless that ship or facility has a holodeck. So yeah you can drop a shuttle with The Doctor aboard but you have to move him to a ship with a holodeck to activate him and use his [DL]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the f[…]

1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]