By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Hi guys,

can Study Divergent History be seeded on uncontrolled Empok Nor?

As long as Empok Nor is uncontrolled, SDH is simply there and cannot be used, right?
Or can it be used anyways?

After all, I don't have to actually 'use' the site ... so why could it not be used?

(Besides the fact that my opponent might want to get his hands on Empok Nor, which is a totally different issue.)

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
Yes you can. The Glossary says: "However, a card that plays on a site, such as Weapons Locker, may be played on an uncommandeered Empok Nor site."

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
There is nothing in the Glossary that prevents you from using non-reporting related gametext of cards played on the sites of an uncommandeered Empok Nor.

I can't guarantee there isn't some rulestext somewhere that prevents the gametext of cards played on uncontrolled sites, but I can't find it.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
winterflames wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:22 am I can't guarantee there isn't some rulestext somewhere that prevents the gametext of cards played on uncontrolled sites, but I can't find it.
The Glossary entry for Empok Nor seems pretty permissible :
However, a card that plays on a site, such as Weapons Locker, may be played on an uncommandeered Empok Nor site.
It's buried in a parenthesis (because we do love putting rules in examples, don't we :P ) but seems pretty cut-and-dried that uncommandeered just turns off the gametext of the sites (and then carves out a pile o' exemptions ;) ) but any external cards are fair game.

By stressedoutatumc (stressedoutatumc)
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
AllenGould wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 2:31 pm
winterflames wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 6:22 am I can't guarantee there isn't some rulestext somewhere that prevents the gametext of cards played on uncontrolled sites, but I can't find it.
The Glossary entry for Empok Nor seems pretty permissible :
However, a card that plays on a site, such as Weapons Locker, may be played on an uncommandeered Empok Nor site.
It's buried in a parenthesis (because we do love putting rules in examples, don't we :P ) but seems pretty cut-and-dried that uncommandeered just turns off the gametext of the sites (and then carves out a pile o' exemptions ;) ) but any external cards are fair game.
Just so I have this in my head correctly...I can seed and even use SDH on an uncontrolled nor? hmmmm...
Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]

Question for noob

Awesome. Thanks everyone for all the help!

Only works when RS is played after AIV. This is be[…]

Still a few weeks left to get registered for the[…]