- Alpha Quadrant
 -  
I have heard of having a Nor without Ops, so that it cannot be commandeered. My aim is different: to have two Nors that can do Cargo Runs to each other. But I can only seed six sites total. For Empok Nor, the Glossary says that most site texts do not become functional until Ops has been commandeered. Is that the case with other Nors without Ops? Are there any other problems with my plan?
Thanks!

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Marvant Duhon wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:08 am I have heard of having a Nor without Ops, so that it cannot be commandeered. My aim is different: to have two Nors that can do Cargo Runs to each other. But I can only seed six sites total. For Empok Nor, the Glossary says that most site texts do not become functional until Ops has been commandeered. Is that the case with other Nors without Ops? Are there any other problems with my plan?
Thanks!
Empok Nor is a specific case. On any other Nor the site text is active from jump.

Running two Nors with Cargo Bays is definitely a doable thing, and at one point was a very popular way to generate card draws. The big thing to remember is you still only get 6 total sites that seed for free, so Cargo bay x2 + Docking site x2 doesn't leave you room for very much else.

Good luck with it though! :cheersL:

By Takket
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Armus wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:16 am The big thing to remember is you still only get 6 total sites that seed for free, so Cargo bay x2 + Docking site x2 doesn't leave you room for very much else.

Due to the Nor rule changes, you don't need the docking sites anymore. You can beam a personnel with your equipment directly from your ship to the Cargo Bay. You don't need a docking site to report to the Nor either. You do need a docking site to report a ship, assuming you don't have some other way of reporting ships not related to the Nor.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Takket wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 7:19 pm
Armus wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 8:16 am The big thing to remember is you still only get 6 total sites that seed for free, so Cargo bay x2 + Docking site x2 doesn't leave you room for very much else.

Due to the Nor rule changes, you don't need the docking sites anymore. You can beam a personnel with your equipment directly from your ship to the Cargo Bay. You don't need a docking site to report to the Nor either. You do need a docking site to report a ship, assuming you don't have some other way of reporting ships not related to the Nor.
Hmm, true. That does open up some options!

By WeAreBack
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
The biggest issue about not having ops I've run into is trying to build an [KCA] or [TE] deck. Without Ops: Mirror Universe for your nor, the only affiliation that matches the mirror facility for the purpose of its sites is the actual printed affiliation - Cardassian unless it's the [TE] [Fed] Mirror Terok Nor.

if you are looking to build a deck with multiple Nors, I would advise Community Leader, Comfort Women and/or We Need You Here for access to additional sites.

And in my book, docking ports is a must have for at least one facility so you can get your cargo running ships out for free.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Honestly, I don’t think I’ve re[…]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Happy birthday to @Takket ! :D :thumbsup: […]

Opponents turn

Remodulation

It started in mid-2013. At that time it became sta[…]