Chief Programmer
By eberlems
 - Chief Programmer
 -  
Explorer
2E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
2E  National Second Runner-Up 2023
https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_rulebook/Glossary.php#spaceline wrote: The effects of a card which references the "spaceline" apply only to the quadrant where it is played or encountered. For example, Blade of Tkon can move a planet to elsewhere within its current spaceline, but not to another spaceline; The Traveler allows a ship to move only within one spaceline. See movement between quadrants, time travel.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Dukat wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:50 am Hi guys,

quick question ...

I can chose any planet location on ANY spaceline, right?

It does not have to be a planet on the SAME spaceline where the artifact was earned, correct?
Blade of Tkon

Correct. But the planet you move must stay on whatever space line it's on... no chucking planets across the galaxy. :wink:

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
eberlems wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:56 am
https://www.trekcc.org/op/1e_rulebook/Glossary.php#spaceline wrote: The effects of a card which references the "spaceline" apply only to the quadrant where it is played or encountered.
This is true, but Blade targets a planet, and the effect on that planet is constrained to the same spaceline, but there's nothing stopping you from earning the Blade somewhere else.

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
so it is okay to earn the blade in the mirror quadrant and then relocate an alpha quadrant mission to another alpha quadrant location?

By Enabran
 - Beta Quadrant
 -  
2E Austrian National Second Runner-Up 2022
But this appears not to be true. The Glossry says "The effects of a card which references the "spaceline" apply only to the quadrant where it is played or encountered."
If the Artifact is earned in the Mirror Quadrant, the effect must be in the Mirror Quadrant too.

Another thing would be if the Artifact would read: Play on a planet location to immediately relocate it, and all cards there, to a different place on the spaceline. Discard artifact.

But our Artifact doesn't say that it is played on a mission.

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Well when I was pulling Black Hole shenanigans with this card last fall, none of the really smart players at that tournament told me I was wrong. Also, I seem to remember @Hoss-Drone running a similar deck awhile back and nobody complaining.

That's not to say we can't all collectively be wrong (it wouldn't be the first time), but in real world terms, it's been allowed.

Maybe @BCSWowbagger can clear it up for us.
First Edition Rules Master
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Continuing Committee Member - Retired
Community Contributor
I think the 64 buck question is this:
For example, Blade of Tkon can move a planet to elsewhere within its current spaceline, but not to another spaceline;
Is "its" referring to the planet or the Blade?

I've always read it as referring to the planet, but it is ambiguous and the rest of the entry does lean towards reading it as the Blade.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Maybe @BCSWowbagger can clear it up for us.
(1) The card itself seems unclear.

(2) The Rulebook offers no strong guidance. (See Rulebook: Moving Between Quadrants: Which Cards Count?)

(3) There's a clearly established player practice that allows this.

(4) There's a Glossary entry that at least appears to clearly prohibit it -- but it all hinges on one word, which it is very possible everyone to date has simply overlooked since the Blade Of Black Hole strategy debuted back in 2017ish.

I will therefore ask Rules.

Since Discovery is really just The Michael Burnham[…]

So with the new version of The Final Frontier , i[…]

FIRST pair? You got more cooking? I am hoping t[…]

Card Page Glitches

So, it's seeming on some sets that the cards on th[…]