By Dukat (Andreas Rheinländer)
 - Gamma Quadrant
 -  
1E European Continental Quarter-Finalist 2023
1E German National Runner-Up 2024
Hi guys,

with Amanda being banned, End Transmission and its horror is done.

However, I am a bit ... puzzled ...

Without Amanda, End Transmission lies on the table with a countdown of one.
It ends my turn.

Countdowns end at the end of a turn, but by ending my own turn prematurely, End Transmissions's countdown should not count down, so it should lie there?
Right?

Am I missing something here?

When EXACTLY is it discard, and why, considering my question above?

*brain smoking*

By Armus (Brian Sykes)
 - The Center of the Galaxy
 -  
Regent
Community Contributor
Dukat wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 10:16 am Hi guys,

with Amanda being banned, End Transmission and its horror is done.

However, I am a bit ... puzzled ...

Without Amanda, End Transmission lies on the table with a countdown of one.
It ends my turn.

Countdowns end at the end of a turn, but by ending my own turn prematurely, End Transmissions's countdown should not count down, so it should lie there?
Right?

Am I missing something here?

When EXACTLY is it discard, and why, considering my question above?

*brain smoking*
The turn you play it, it immediately ends your turn. At the end of your NEXT turn it counts down normally. Since it's unique you can't stack it, you can at best alternate it and effectively double the length of one of your countdown dilemmas.

By winterflames (Derek Marlar)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
I suspect he means "Play End Transmission every other turn" (on alternate turns), rather than every turn as with Amanda.

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
As far as I understand it, the countdown of End Transmission guarantees, that you can delay counting down one turn, next turn End Transmission goes and countdown applies normally. Still a good card, but not broken anymore.
First Edition Rules Master
By BCSWowbagger (James Heaney)
 - First Edition Rules Master
 -  
Community Contributor
Without AR:P, the End Transmission denial deck works like this:

OPPONENT TURN 1: Opponent fails Friendly Fire. Countdown=2.

MY TURN 1: I take my turn, then play End Transmission at the end of my orders phase. I skip the entire end-of-turn phase, so neither End Transmission nor Friendly Fire counts down, and I miss my end-of-turn card draw. Friendly Fire countdown = 2. End Transmission countdown = 1.

OPPONENT TURN 2: Opponent takes his turn. Friendly Fire countdown = 2. End Transmission countdown = 1.

MY TURN 2: I take my turn. I can't play End Transmission again (because it's unique, and I have no way to discard it or return it to hand). So everything ticks down and I get my end-of-turn draw. Friendly Fire countdown = 1. End Transmission countdown = 0 (discards).

OPPONENT TURN 3: Opponent takes his turn. Friendly Fire countdown = 1.

MY TURN 3: I take my turn, then play a second copy of End Transmission from my hand, skipping countdowns and end-of-turn draws again. Friendly Fire countdown = 1. End Transmission countdown = 1.

OPPONENT TURN 4: Opponent takes his turn. Friendly Fire countdown = 1.

MY TURN 4: I take my turn. I can't play End Transmission again (because it's unique, and I have no way to discard it or return it to hand). So everything ticks down and I get my end-of-turn draw. Friendly Fire countdown = 0 (discard). End Transmission countdown = 0 (discards).

OPPONENT TURN 5: Opponent FINALLY gets to reattempt the mission that's been locked out all this time. Too bad for him: I probably have yet another countdown dilemma in there!

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
That is what I meant. Finally a countdown-thingie that I did get from the start :) . It's still annoying but not broken anymore.

By TyKajada (Alexander Schmitz)
 - Delta Quadrant
 -  
Caretaker's Guest wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:18 pm I someone planning a 1E comeback here :) ? It would be great having you back in 1E as well!
I'm always keeping an eye on it.. Also, there might be a chance I'll be playing Worlds this year, so I do have to practice..
:shifty:

- Delta Quadrant
 -  
Then join some online tourneys ;) . I am free for practice games, too. Just sent me a pm whenever you find the time.
1EFQ: Game of two halves

Or maybe keep your unsolicited snark to yo[…]

Vulcan Lander and its ability

What constrains this strategy is the number of c[…]

Ignoring point losses & Timing

I would be interested in the answer to this as wel[…]

Greetings 'trek fans! As discussed in our Februar[…]